Cork v Tipp - Munster Hurling Semi-Final

:blink:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:

Top Top Post there cocktake, mate.

Only those from Tipp or Cork understand the pureness of the Glory of this old firm clash, along with those who obviously possess a deeper understanding of sport as a whole :stuck_out_tongue: .

Its all about the Glory. The Glory and the cider. And the Wash and the steps of the Courthouse at 3am on the Sunday morning.

Tipp by 5 points - Cork havenā€™t the forwards to worry us, Aisaike will be cleaned out and when I saw Niall McCarthys name on the teamsheet any lingering worries vanished.

Only a true Cork-Tipp fan whoā€™s been there in the flesh will ever understand this craic.
:clap:

NCC doesnā€™t seem to understand that someone can also be going poorly in challenge games, training or league games? For instance Fraggie Murphy is very lucky to be playing by all accounts, so average his form has been.

The Wash is a fucking hole! This is a minor clash that will decide the also rans and little more. I predict Sunday to see the end of one of the biggest bullshitters to pick up a hurl. Be gone Sean Og, a decent adequate hurler you were but your greed knew no bounds. Hon Tipp.

as MBB eloquently puts it, Sean Og could be well found out this year. He has also looked shite this year. Strange seeing as Setanta is flying it now in Oz after failing there for so many years. Hayes made bits of Sean og in the first minute of the league final, at least when its at that stage you wouldnt expect him to be short on fitness, but he was panting chasing after him. Looks well past it now, for a player who prides himself on fitness and sharpness.

Think Tipp will win this one. Cork have too many holes all over the field to make up for them. They are still relying on the old guard and I dont think they have it in them. I expect it to be close tho but only because Cork will be well up for it. But I think Tipp will wiin it by not needing to go into top gear.

The final section of the Dublin-Cork motorway is being opened at midday on Friday. Ah lovely.

Interesting - Iā€™ll endeavour to try it.

The glory of itā€¦

:clap: :clap: ,the small matter of the young ladsā€™ Communion on Saturday will probably necessitate travelling direct to Cork on Sunday rather than the traditional trip to Tipp on Saturday.
Handy trip down now.

When do Tipp announce their team?

I heard he was flying it. :stuck_out_tongue:
Donā€™t be surprised if he starts or Oā€™Farrell either.

Tomorrow night after training.

The stuffed ones are the nicest Fitzy. Glory indeed.

Eh lads, its taken a long time for him to be ā€œfound outā€ donā€™t ye think. What a crock of shite. He has hurled some absolute brilliant games, and i donā€™t know is it strikes, jealousy over his money and profile or just down and out racism that lets ye waffle on the way ye do, but Sean Og was an outstanding hurler for Cork.

With the shite that comes out of your mouths about Sean Og, Gardiner, Donal Og, Sully, Niall Mac, Timmy Mac yeā€™d wonder how Cork ever won a match, they must be the luckiest bunch of average players ever. :rolleyes:

The 2nd bolded bit is also laughable, what does it mean? Both teams will be well up for it, its a retarded thing to say Gman and your a better analyst than that. Fellas are just dying to put a nail in this teams coffin, fair enough maybe to some, but analyze the hurling lads, not the men.

If Sean Og does start to fail, itā€™ll be interesting to see if they stick with him throughout the championship and let his reputation keep him in the game, or if theyā€™ll quickly drop him. Setanta flying in Aus and Sean Og and Aisake off the Cork team - some turnaround eh?

Leave it out with the racism shite Kev, you know thats bollocks.

I donā€™t actually, iā€™ve seen and heard it plenty thrown at him, from all parts of Ireland. And i donbā€™t know anyone on here personally so how the hell am i supposed to know.

There is a basis for saying heā€™s struggling this year, but for getting found out? Found out on what? Every hurler or sportsman comes to an end. Maybe Sean Og is coming to his end, but i expect a kick yet. He has been in poor form in April/May in the past and had All-Star years.

Never rated SeĆ”n Ɠg highly meself to be honest-1 or two good seasons alright but not as outstanding as all Carkies always believed he was.
Thought Cork might have a chance to sneak it but having Aisake on instead of Cussen is beyond belief. A swing as wide as a tinkerā€™s gate as Gman so effectively put it :lol:

Not sure what Cork people you talked to, but we rated him as a very good hurler, and a superb athlete who gave everything. He still wouldnā€™t have been rated as highly as Curren or Gardiner or Corcoran or Deano or a few others over last 12-13 years, but he has a higher profile. Donā€™t think you can blame the people of Cork alone for that.

Oā€™hAilpĆ­n was well below par in the League Final but thatā€™s not to say he wonā€™t have a good championship. Of course, it goes without saying that itā€™s not racist to criticise his poor display against Galway; Kevin implying otherwise is a typical tard comment from him.

has / was being the important bit. I actually think Sean og was a very under rated hurler during Corks best days, and when KK started on their run and were beating Cork, I personally thought Sean Og was their most impressive hurler. he does a lot of unseen work, he might not do booming clearances or burst lads out of it, but he is some man to read a breaking ball and always gives a simple pass to a player rather than getting rid for the sake of it. but this year from what I have seen, and granted you will certainly have seen more, I dont think he is half the player he was. a player with a lesser profile would probably have been dropped, but its not just him it happens too, its all over the place. its hard to tell players they are finished. Iā€™d be suprised if he keeps at it next year. only my opinion tho for what its worth.

the other lads you mentioned, as much as I think Gardiner and Donal og are pricks, its hard to argue with their contributions. I still think Niall mc is shite. and I think Timmy was a very under rated player when he was around. much maligned I suppose as Ger would put it.

the other point about Cork being more up for it, I think at this stage, Cork have more to prove than Tipp. Its in PUC, and this is their first proper year after the strike, and they lost to tipp the last time there. I dont think there is a public pressure on them, rather than their own pressure. I feel they want to go out and prove they were right to go on strike and for those reasons, will be more up for it than Tipp. This Tipp team I dont feel are overly physical, and I expect Cork to be hitting hard and often early on. thats what I mean by that. I think Tipp have their eyes on games further down the line, whereas Cork dont. I could well be wrong, but again, just what I think.