Cork v Tipp - Munster Hurling Semi-Final

I would do the same if it was a knockout. I would price up tipp at 4/9ish. The clear problem here is that this game will mean much more to Cork than tipp. If Tipp lose they will still fancy there chances of winning all ireland after last years display but I can’t see Cork winning anything if they lose this match. And starting the Ape up front beggars belief.

:stuck_out_tongue: B)

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

The Cork Intermediate team to play Tipperary on Sunday at 2pm in PĂĄirc UĂ­ Chaoimh is as follows:

1. Declan McCarthy
    (Ballymartle)

2. John O’Callaghan 3. Kieran Lane 4. Brendan Coleman
    (Inniscarra) (Kilworth) (Ballinhassig)

3. Stephen White 6. Tadhg Healy 7. Mark Ellis
    (Ballygarvan) (Buttevant) (Millstreet)

4. Kevin Hartnett 9. Barry Fitzgerald
    (Russell Rovers) (Douglas)

5. Eoin Conway 11. Brian Corry 12. Brian Lawton
    (Fr. O’Neills) (Ballymartle) (Castlemartyr)

6. Danny O’Callaghan14. Mark Harrington 15. John Halbert
    (Ballinhassig) (Douglas-Capt) (Watergrasshill)

7. CiarĂĄn Cronin (Lisgoold)

8. Michael O’Sullivan (Tracton)

9. Colm Casey (Inniscarra)

10. Bill Cooper (Youghal)

11. Eoin Clancy (Fermoy)

12. Alan Cronin (Nemo Rangers)

13. Conor O’Driscoll (St. Oliver Plunkett’s)

14. Darren Crowley (Bandon)

15. Andrew O’Brien (Kildorrery)

:lol:

It was a thundering disgrace that Kieran Lane of Kilworth wasn’t on the Cork minor team last year. A wrong is partially being righted here but shame on Kev and Turenne for not knowing the club of one of the county’s best prospects.

Wouldn’t be very well up on Avondhu Minor “B” hurling to be honest, but as you say, its great to see the selectors are widening the net. Had never ever heard of him, thought it was a guy from Milford.

I was sure Brendan Coleman played Senior hurling last year for 'Hassig. Strange one.

It says a lot that we’re six pages in and not one Limerick person has bothered to pull me up on the thread title.

It is what it is.

He isn’t even on the Under-21 panel this year either Bandage, despite starting full back for our Intermediates. :huh:

Tipp Team is as follows

B. Cummins
P. Stapleton
P. Maher
P. Curran
D. Fanning
C. O’Mahony
M. Cahill
S. McGrath
B. Maher
N. NcGrath
S. Callinan
J. O’Brien
E. Kelly
B. O’Meara
Larry

Cahill and Buggy make their debuts on Sunday. Buggy for first goalscorer will be my bet for Sunday.

Its a fine team overall, but they don’t strike that much fear into you really, at least not yet. I really fear for our midfield if they don’t hit the ground running though, 'cos thats Tipps best line/sector IMO. Kenny has to be 100%, otherwise we’ll definitely lose.

Can’t wait for it now, there is some intrigue to it this year, more than last. 6/4-4/6 (Ck-Tp) either way is a fair bet from the bookies, but i think Corks performance against Galway is being over (or under, whatever) stated. Bit of luck with goal chance and they’d have been more in it.

Still my bet for this one is Cork and Tipp is 5/1 on there to be only one goal, the goal that will win it, and being honest, thats more likely to be a Tipp goal. No goal is 16/1, going to have a flutter on that as well.

I dont know how you can say that Kev. 4 of the forwards have proven class. Callinan and larry are goal scorers, Kelly is well Kelly and Noel Mc is will always chip in with 2 or 3 points and his vision and distribution is something else for a 20 yr old. As for the other two JOB on his day can do it but can blow hot and cold and Buggy is making his debut so hoping it goes well. Much better 6 forwards than Cork

Shane McGrath and B Maher is the midfield Tipp have been looking for years. Expecting them to dominate.

Can Cork beat this?

some of my fellow cork posters would want to get a serious dose of reality. that is a serious tipp team. the dogs on the street have known about the potential of young cahill for a couple of years now. in maher, mcgrath and callinan they have outside of joe canning the best three young hurlers in the country. these are the type of players that are needed to win all irelands and exactly the type of players we are not producing at this point in time. for fuck sake this tipp team were very close to beating the best hurling team of all time last year and you are saying that they would’nt strike fear into you???

as for cork, this team was finished in 2006. we never looked like beating the cats at any stage in that final and all subsequent performances has shown a team in terminal decline. tipp will blow us out of it on sunday and id be amazed if we get within 7 points of them.

Tipp at 4/6 and 5/6 (-1) and 6/5 (-2) have to be the bets of the year. I almost think that I’m missing something somewhere that the prices look that good.

Not disagreeing much, but overall i think there is still weaknesses in the half back line. John O’ Brien is very inconsistant, the debutant i don’t know at all and is unproven and Larry has a very poor record against Cork. Kelly is sheer class, and as you say McGrath is something else for his age. Callinan looks like a serious prospect, but his decision making and striking can be very poor, but both can definitely be worked on. As a unit a far cry from the KK team, and thats what i mean by having the fear. Tipp are still at a stage that if Cadogan (on Kelly) and Sean Og (on McGrath) have blinders they’ll be in real trouble. That wouldn’t be enough against KK, which Comerford proved last year.

In their last championship game Benny Dunne was still being called from the bench, that said it all for me. I’ve no doubt this team will win an All-Ireland, but i think people are a little ahead of themselves yet. KK weren’t great for alot of that final, yet they won. KK still have subs who’d make both teams on sunday, plenty of them. Alot of the hope also comes from hammering the worst Limerick performance, well, probably ever.

Tipp have had the better standout underage players than us over recent years, and they are ahead in their development, and are (proven) a better team over past 3 years. But i think this is the best Cork team in those 3 years, and it will be closer. Thats not me getting carried away with us, just we’re in a better place, and i wonder how much more Tipp have progressed. I’m intrigued by the midfield and Cork half forward/Tipp half back battles. On recent championship form Tipp have the edge, but Cork still have 5 very good hurlers there.

I still have Tipp favourites though.

mac the bets of the year. cork wont get within 7 points of tipp.

You’re not wrong. The game being on in PUC and Cork’s league form is raising the doubts I’d say. I suppose as well as that Tipp have been consistently inconsistent over the last 5 years. Maybe they’re not as good as they looked last autumn?