Cork v Waterford - All Ireland Hurling Semi-Final 2'17

Was it minor you won with Cork?

Junior C with Ballinora
He nearly killed me one day down in Ballygarvan

3 Likes

My sources tell me he was involved with county - maybe it was football.

Old school centre forward can be translated to awkward lad that is put there to stop the centre back from hurling

Every team needs a few stoppers

1 Like

Possibly. But JBM played no.11 like that as well when he was there, and even played a bit like that from the wing.

Far from awkward, But i was a long way from any way exceptional also and played just as much in the backs and in goal. At 17 played centre forward, corner back and in goal on way to an u21 final against Ballincollig. Plugging holes the whole time.
Then dropped for Final when keeper came back having missed semi due to soccer.
Got 6 months in that final for kicking John Dwyer (current Minor coach) when he came over the line at one point. Have no idea why i kicked him, he is sound and completely unconfrontational. It was a wild final, 6 sent off.

3 Likes

You can lecture Waterford all day about discipline, but you have no idea why you kicked a fella? Unreal.

3 Likes

A lot of guys around here pontificate from the pulpit alright

:grin:

Says the lads screaming to have Tuohy shot

Iā€™ve said it plenty, I donā€™t want Tuohy shot or suspended or any such like, it was a blessing that he wasnā€™t suspended as the GAA/CCC hadnā€™t a leg to stand on when it came to Aussie

Oh, sorry. You want to use what you consider one wrong to clear another to make a right? :ok_hand:

No I donā€™t consider the act wrong I consider it a stupid fucking rule. Capiche

Thereā€™s a lack of consistency in the Waterford rhetoric.

Luckily, allā€™s well that ends well and thereā€™ll be no player missing the final through suspension. I hope the other Gleeson wins his appeal and both teams have a full deck to choose from and the best team wins.

4 Likes

Galway will fuck Gleeson up good and proper.

I am a coach now. I was a player then. I was poorly treated and obviously frustrated. It was more a wonder to why i choose him, made no sense.

I was very poorly coached at that level. So i learned the hard way. Those lads were clueless. We left a chance of robbing a county from the big town behind us (they had been nominated from Mid-Cork, won county but had to come back to play us and was all on the line). We were a disgrace that day. Hurling never recovered from ot in the club till around now. But while i deserved the ban, the managemebt were to blame for it all.

And both Cork and Waterfords discipline was dreadful for the level and stage of competition. Both managements have questions to abswer on that front. I am not sparing anyone.

1 Like

Its a reactionary rule that has led to more problems than solutions

Itā€™s a rule - that has led to more reactionary solutions than problems.

It has led to loads of problems.

That makes no sense

If lads would just not grab helmets like the rule says there wouldnā€™t be any problems.

7 Likes

Sure the Laois lad reckons the ref can determine the force used to pull the helmet and issue a red or yellow card based on this split second analysis of mechanical force used by the offender. By the way this is his opinion 2 days after the incident, the man whoā€™s job it was to adjudicate on the spot didnā€™t actually see the incident. But thatā€™s all rectified now thankfully