Coronavirus - Close the Airports

People are very angry more people haven’t died. They feel like they’ve taken a hit to their pockets and liberties for nothing.

3 Likes

There’s a bit of momentum behind waters now. He’s trending on twitter.

100,000 people returning to work and not being on the dole is enormous

Thats the exact issue. Nobody knows what the new normal is. There is no PPE available for builders for e.g. no rules to work to, nobody to police compliance…companies will be shitting themselves to be exposed to huge insurance risks if not seen to adequately protect employees

It’s a strange world we inhabit

Agreed. But relaxing the lockdown wont change that.

4 Likes

Or, the whole thing was an over egged cod in the first place.

Who knows.

The Govt have said nothing about what the new restrictions might be, let alone offered a framework for a way out of all this. Most business’s are just going off what they see in Tesco and hoping for the best. This could change or be rendered pointless in a heartbeat for all anyone knows

Agreed. Im not disagreeing with any of this. Again though, this isn’t a reason to end the lockdown.

Businesses have been left to figure this out completely on their own. Its a minefield

1 Like

The big question is, is the lockdown even effective.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/khe_sanh_881/status/1255249085583458305

Far from ideal. Leo’s speech on Friday night is possibly the single most important address to the nation since the GFA

It would be great to see Vincent back for even one episode of the tonight show.

I couldn’t see him praising Holohan anyway.

1 Like

Vile policing.

1 Like

There’s plenty evidence that lockdowns don’t work, and have lots of other consequences like increased domestic violence, increased child abuse, increased depression and suicide, increased alcoholism and drug abuse, etc.

You only have to look at the data from countries that locked down and didn’t lock down, the curves are much of a muchness. The goal of preventing ICU overload has been met, what’s the new goal?

2 Likes

I’d still contend that businesses will be able to function and make progress in spite of this.

I wouldn’t disagree though that there is a monumental recession coming.

The establishment of Tony Hoolohans 1,000 year reich

2 Likes

TFK has spoken. Open it up ta fuck

2 Likes