Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

I see Eddie Large has died in hospital in the past week. One headline read “Eddie Large dies of coronavirus”. For fucks sake, the poor bastard was in hospital and undergoing treatment for heart failure.

1 Like

If you don’t die of the corona you’re not doing death right

1 Like

It’s mad the way a lot people now just reject news just because they don’t like it.

They should pass legislation allowing you rub a dog owners nose in their dogs shit if you see them failing to bag it.

The amount of dog shit around the place is sickening

5 Likes

She’s mentally ill but @anon60384913 doesn’t care deep down.

1 Like

“In hospital”

“In England”

But shure this is all perfectly normal, all of them would have died anyay at some stage.

The more people that die now, the less death there will be in the future.

Or something.

1 Like

Its magnitudes worse now as every fucker with a dog has them out walking, theres a public pathway in my exclusion zone and it’s like playing hopscotch trying to avoid the dog shits.

Rotten fucking bastards

https://twitter.com/waltshaub/status/1247872334947659777

If you are waiting 15 days for a test result (like me) what’s the point in contact tracing? We got someone with access to check if my result was on the system and there was nothing, only confirmation that the tests took place. Contact tracing me hole. How am I supposed to remember who I met nearly three weeks ago.

2 Likes

I didn’t condone Mick’s actions. Mick repaid his debt by highlighting high level corruption/incompetence within the Gardai and Justice Dept. An easier option would have been for him to use the Gardai to harass someone who wrote an article that portrayed him in a bad light.

There are good reasons to question the R0 range of 2.0 - 2.5 suggested by the WHO, other than just the data from this limited Chinese study.

The suggestion now is that the virus can be transmitted via a mist generated when someone infected is speaking or even breathing. That’s the reason for the CDC recommendation to always wear a mask when in public areas.

As you say it also helps explain why it swept through areas of high population density like New York where people are living in close proximity, travelling on public transport, streets and shops packed, etc. Especially given there were no efforts to contain the spread for up to two months.

Of all the mistakes made, the failure to recognize how contagious it was early on was the biggest one.

If it was slightly more deadly it would almost be the perfect disease to wipe us out.

Holy sweet Jesus - A ten minute clip of Guards leaning in windows, sticking in their heads/hands and one lad in particular in centre shot looks like he’s movin in for the shift , all to the soundbite of Harris pontificating re: distancing etc.
I’d like to say you couldn’t make it up but is this level of idiocy really surprising, It’s like a fucking Harry Enfield clip.

2 Likes

Plague is a good game to design your own virus

99 cent on App Store

Depends on the incubation period. A long incubation period where people who are symptom free can infect others combined with a very high mortality rate would decimate us all right. But a high mortality rate in itself helps slow it down, as dead people can’t infect others. SARS-1 and MERS were far easier to contain because symptoms developed quickly and people infected were quickly hospitalized, with a high percentage dying. I think the mortality of MERS is over 30%.

Long incubation period plus very contagious plus high fatality rate

Covid 19 ticked two out of three boxes

I’m running models here on plague

A virus too deadly can’t spread. Once the virus kills you it has fucked itself over.