Coronavirus - Dig In, It's going to be a while yet

You have a small number of complete clowns who have zero understanding of this crisis and who’s only interest is blaming Trump and Boris for it. Blaming them for deaths while they won’t hear of any criticism of China, the WHO or countries where they like the party in power. Every western government is to blame here for not seeing the danger coming our way, trusting the lying Chinese Communist Party and the totally incompetent WHO.

The only numbers that matter are the ramp rates of people going to hospitals and the capacity in regions and countries to deal with that ramp rate. There’s no evidence yet that the efforts being taken will bring those ramp rates into a controlled zone, but obviously that’s the hope. What we do know is if we do nothing hospitals will be overloaded quickly and lots of people will die.

The same people have also been telling us for years how good socialized medicine is. Well we can see how well it is doing in Southern Europe right now. It isn’t able to deal with a pandemic like this.

The reality is this is exposing the utter incompetence of governments worldwide, and global bodies like the WHO. The reality is the people who are responsible for our safety are for the most part utter incompetent morons. But they are what we have and we have to live with them for now and follow the advice of the experts.

4 Likes

This a useful site for looking at modelling of the impact of various suppression methods. It is not for the faint of heart, so open if you are ready for some pretty shocking stats. It has stats by US state, a do nothing set, distancing strategy (Ireland currently), Shelter in Place (California, New York, UK?) and the Wuhan lockdown.

I’d estimate you can use Cali for the UK and multiply the numbers by 1.5 and use any of the states around 5 million for Ireland, Alabama, Louisiana, etc.

For those wondering whether a stricter lockdown is justified, the difference between social distancing and shelter in place is staggering. Even more shocking is that over time the difference between doing nothing and social distancing isn’t very much.

Disclaimer. I don’t know how good these models are, and they are models, but there are a lot of heavy hitters involved.

That metric isn’t black and white. We have tested far more people per head than them also

Have you a link for the testing numbers?

Been using Worldometer for the cases per head stats .

1 Like

We have apparently tested 6 or 7 times more per capita than UK or US. UK is only testing in hospitals.

The Indo are saying “Tougher lockdown measures on way as death toll rises”

Source?

Some unverified twitter comment that a nurse died from it in Ireland yesterday.

It’s important to share these unconfirmed reports to spread awareness.

4 Likes

The seating arrangement of our canteen in work has been rearranged to improve SOCIAL DISTANCING.

Like something youd see at some speed dating event. (I’ve never been Speed Dating btw)

Tables turned lengthways (if that makes sense) and one person sitting at either end of the table. Tables kept 2 metres apart then. If you were any way deaf you’re fucked.

1 Like

That post is an awful load of scutter and doesn’t answer the question asked. I’m sorry I read it.

3 Likes

A nurse died.

RIP.

Source?

3 Likes

It was Nurse Maloney.

1 Like

What’s app I found to be the most trustworthy

It’s a :skull: trap :pray: for @Copper_pipe

We need to be vigilant in these heightened times. You can see it on here already, not 2 weeks in and people have lost it mentally and are already unbalanced. You need to be able to spot the weaker ones in the heard. These are the ones to be wary of. The ones who need our protection.

I am always vigilant. I am zen.

Empty your inbox