Coronavirus - Here come the variants

The portfolio is taking a hit

@mikehunt has been short selling them

Just buy more.

Aercap seem to be doing grand, hang in there

Mee-hole getting another free ride from Dobbo on Radio now

1 Like

@Batigol, a friend in aer Lingus was talking to me today about the rte reports saying X number of people came through on return from holidays this week and blah blah blah. Their figures are coming from the department of justice. How can those figures possibly be accurate? Are people being asked the purpose of their visit when they land? What if they refuse to answer? How can they have stats for everyone? My friend suspects a portion of people are being asked and that they are multiplying out that ratio across the total number of arrivals.

What’s the story? What’s your fucking game here?

He is claiming they governments strategy has worked :sweat_smile:

Dobbo is letting him off,he’s fuckin uselessits like a party political broadcast

On the situation across Europe, everyone seems to be in the same boat. Pretty much everywhere is still in “lockdown” and the places that aren’t are introducing more restrictions. There’s lots of places where restrictions are much more onerous than in Ireland. It seems to be that it’s another month or close to it of this before it’s safe to relax to any significant degree.

After that I think things will improve rapidly.

What are the more onerous restrictions?

1 Like

I think you said the same thing last month

There’s curfews in loads of places. Carrying around forms stating the reason for leaving your house, etc.

That things are pretty much the same in the rest of Europe, Ireland is no different or worse off than anywhere else, and when we start hitting big numbers in April/May we’ll see a rapid improvement? Remarkably consistent of me, you don’t get much of that on here.

This guy is some liar. He hasn’t a fucking notion.

4 Likes

Martin reminding us that the isolation hotels won’t be like prison.

1 Like

I’m sure the people that want quarantine hotels them would like them to be more like prison.

1 Like

The goverment will be advising people who’ve gotten the second dose about what to do in two weeks time :sweat_smile:

I can see people heading for Spain and the likes in their droves this summer if they don’t get rid of the county boundaries and open up a good bit.

It could seriously slow down the vaccination programme.

Dobbo’s heart wasn’t in it there, limp enough line of questioning.

The amount of times Martin uses the phrase “in terms of” is highly irritating.

1 Like

I’ve been telling you for months, pretty much everyone will be vaccinated by summer and will be leaving in droves on their holidays, either with a vaccine cert or a negative test.