Coronavirus - Here come the variants

I despair seeing people delighted when they hear they can go more than 5km from their house as if its some sort of luxury. Same with hearing there’ll be golf in a months time.

Its all duck or no dinner for me and I for one, wont be happy until we are back at 2019 levels of freedom.

9 Likes

Is this entire announcement going to be made via leaks from journalists on Twitter? If the Peace Process had been conducted like this it would have collapsed on day one.

3 Likes

And in a months’ time NPHET will still be preaching the exact same message of fear.

There won’t be any recommendation of easing restrictions. Lockdown is the only thing in their playbook. Zero covid and complete eradication is their focus, pie in the sky stuff.

1 Like

Stay at home, and you’ll live… at least a while.

And dying on a hospital trolley, many years from now, would you be willin’ to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell the HSE that they may take our lives but they’ll never take… OUR FREEDOM!

2 Likes

In fairness NPHET are opposed to the zero Covid lads

NPHET want a no mans land situation forever.

NPHET are opposed to committing to Zero Covid, not the tactics.

1 Like

Like it or not this is something tangible for the older generation, they’ve given up more than anybody.
It may not be enough but it’s something that will mean a lot to a lot of people.
There is no all duck or no dinner situation for them in the short term.

I’d say the easing of restrictions is more or less following the same trajectory now as we move into Spring and Summer as last year. We went from a 2km limit in April to 5 in May with full travel inside your own county or the 20km radius not brought in until 8 June.

Anyone fully vaccinated should be allowed meet anyone indoors. There’s old people that haven’t been visited by their family in a year.

Will you be amazed enough not to vote for Kneel Richmond in the next election?

2 Likes

Barbers to open in May.

1 Like

I take it all back.

Egg Egg Egg :ronnyroar:

meh

1 Like

We’ll need your ideas guy

But sure who’s stopping people meeting anyone they want? Surely at this stage people can make their minds up which rules to ignore or not. The only properly enforceable ones are around business

Lots of people follow this stuff slavishly, especially ones who have been frightened. In any event guidance should be real world, not issued on the understanding that it’ll be ignored anyway.

1 Like

Yeah a few are but fuck all really. I don’t know anyone with kids who’s not meeting grandparents at least occasionally for instance.