Coronavirus - Here come the variants

People finally waking up to the doctatorship.

13 Likes

The big risk, I was told by Government adviser, is next November. Any spike in cases, real or reported and there may well be a mini lockdown.

He reckoned pubs will be open in July and everything else in June - shops, gastro etc and it’ll be normal enough by then except for travel.

:joy:

They cant be allowed to go against the mask mandate.

1 Like

Struck me as a bizarre point to hang an argument on but Fergal Bowers repeated it verbatim on the news.

There’s a bullet point version of it here

2 Likes

Hopefully the Gardaí withdraw their services from the quarantine hotels until priority vaccination reinstated.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m paraphrasing here but someone made a good point that the herd get swamped in the hysteria en masse but it is only 1 by 1 do they row back from it. I think it is pretty clear now whats going on. People should do their own risk assessments and get on with living. Don’t expect an invitation from NPHET or this govt.

4 Likes

The NPHET talking point that RTÉ’s stenographers politely repeat

The open test centres will all close tomorrow :sweat_smile: they’re not even pretending in fairness to them.

1 Like

Asymptomatic clowns who go into those test centres have the country fucked.

Whats the margin on each test I wonder?

5 Likes

Where’s that from?

We have vaccines now which we didn’t have last year and not one discernable thing has changed in the plan for reopening. In fact things have regressed. And this is with mandatory masks and mandatory quarantine along with potentially half the country vaccinated by June. Its actually laughable how devoid of ambition it is.

15 Likes

Dublin and a few meat factories are giving us 80% of the numbers … They’re pissing down our backs and telling us it’s raining.

2 Likes
2 Likes

And that’s just the reader!

Can anyone argue wit this even in a devil’s advocate tfk contrarian way?

Micheál Martin needs to employ Roy Curtis as a speechwriter. People need hope.

2 Likes

Is Ewan’s mention of no inter county travel until July his own surmising or was there any specific reference to this in the press conference/speech/media reporting?

Numbers, exactly - the majority of which are nonsense. We are not talking about the Spanish Flu,

Overwhelming the health service was justification for this bullshit 12 months ago, imagine we increased capacity in the health service with the 11.6 billion euro paid out on PUP and kept people working.

No, instead we bring in mandatory quarantine hotels a year later, ffs we couldnt even keep them in a day last weekend then.

1 Like