Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Iā€™ve just sent an email there to the office of the Healy-Raes about interlopers in May.

Wait its 4 months they are talking about this. The same variant that makes up 80% of cases here. Cant someone call them out on their bullshit

2 Likes

Is cancer no longer a serious risk? By God.

1 Like

ā€œThe Board is aware, and with Mr Oā€™Dwyerā€™s consent, can now disclose that he has been a patient of the Beacon Hospital and St Jamesā€™s Hospital for oesophageal cancer,ā€ the statement said.

Not is, has been.

Why was he chosen above other patients with more pressing needs?

If he is currently undergoing treatment then that would be acceptable but I think there are trying to use the truth as a piece of elastic here.

Didnā€™t they release a living with covid plan? What level are we in know?

1 Like

Iā€™m not an English major but as far as I remember has been is a different tense to was, in normal English it suggests something that began in the past, continues in the present, and may continue into the future. Anyway, if he had recent cancer treatment or is undergoing cancer treatment currently his immune system would be compromised.

Depends on the circumstances at hand.

A woman in her mid 70s who is currently a patient at the Beacon for cancer was not offered one.

But an executive who is currently working for VHI, 10 years her junior does get offered one.

It stinks of an insider culture.

That sounds odd I agree, given the woman in her 70s meets two of the criteria.

Hse website.

Not the criteria in Ireland for the Astra Zeneca vaccine though as sheā€™s over 70?

Also, are active in-patients being vaccinated. My understanding was that the preference was not to.

Not to say the VHI guy should have got it but this ā€œlady on the wardā€ thing seems like a bit of a red herring

1 Like

I told ye this was happening all over the place but would ye listen? Nah, stubborn shower of cunts

The HSE literature suggests people over 70 are being vaccinated with AZ?

Tony blocked it against the wishes of NIAC IIRC

I think thatā€™s still awaiting decision ie sitting on someoneā€™s desk

1 Like

I laughed out loud for a long time after reading that.

It couldnā€™t be true.

Youā€™d wonder how they caught them. Must have been wheeling a suitcase around Santry looking sheepish.

When can you enjoy pints in the north?

I got a tag off @Enrique, more bad news for the mentallers Iā€™m guessing.

2 Likes

Itā€™s going to be fascinating to see what happens with the Euros games in Dublin.

Itā€™ll be highly embarrassing if weā€™re an outlier in not allowing any fans in.