Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Has the CDC come lesn on asymptomatic transmission again or are they sticking to their latest story?

The studies vary a bit but on average 60% of transmission is believed to be from people who are infected but never develop symptoms or before they develop symptoms, about 2:1 in favor of pre symptomatic. The important thing with the latest study is people who are vaccinated are not getting infected at all so are not spreaders.

I’d hope the Independent is now boycotted by all men who love freedom.

1 Like

More nonsense. Depriving young fellas of a chance to get together outdoors and kick a football.

GAA and soccer pitches up and down the country have had groups of people kicking ball on them the past few weeks. I dont see how this is any different.

2 Likes

I missed the bit initially about a coach being present.

They have to go.

5 Likes

They need to be stripped of their last six titles that’ll learn them

I know of a few teams that started back yesterday. Anticipatory behaviour as Monsignor Glynn called it.

This pandemic has revealed a curtain twitching side to Ireland that never went away.

6 Likes

Dessie had been spitting fire recently over a rumoured challenge match last weekend or weekend before between Tyrone and Armagh and it not being a level playing field. If Mohammed won’t come to the mountain…

Healthy people? Did these ad hoc studies come after the decision to mask and quarantine healthy people?

1 Like

It’s fascinating to watch. From afar.

Through your curtains

Iron curtain twitchers

10 Likes

Ye can sneer but I’ll be drinking pints in a few weeks.

Pints of what though?

Great work @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Bog standard lager . They’ll open up here after the May bank holidays i reckon.

Yes but it is ok for people to die of cancer just not covid. @mikehunt logic.

1 Like

She’s a witch… Buuuuuuurn her!!!

The mud slinging begins.

Do the government really think giving everyone a cheque for 300 notes is goons ease tensions? We’re already in debt