Coronavirus - Here come the variants

If I was in power Iā€™d open the pubs tonight.

Iā€™d also start raffling the vaccines too maybe a 1000 vaccines a day to lift peopleā€™s moral a little.

4 Likes

Interestingly the comments underneath seem to think that we will just row back on this in July. (Which I assume is why people generally are ok with the measure). They are of course entirely wrong that we will just knock it on the head in July. The risk of variants doesnā€™t just disappear in July. This measure is absolute lunacy imo.

1 Like

Just walking down Bath avenue here and thereā€™s a few people standing around supping pints and a guard is going around telling them they canā€™t stand drinking pints they have to walk around with them :grin::grin: weā€™re actually being trolled lads.

3 Likes

Is the Bath Pub serving again?

I donā€™t give a shit about pubs serving takeaway pints, Iā€™m a bit annoyed about Gardai shutting down a load of independent garden centres in Limerick at the start in f this week but leaving the B+Qs and Coop superstore garden sections open, thatā€™s shitty,

And why the fuck is a garden centre not considered essential within the current constraints

8 Likes

Yeah for the last week or two I think.

1 Like

R Kings are actually raffling 25 AZ vaccines tomorrow

1 Like

I more or less stuck to the regulations. Itā€™s a small bit more planning and admin to travel places but itā€™s still perfectly feasible of necessary and I see no issue with it. On one of my flights I got tested on the fourth day rather than the fifth day as the rules said at the time but honestly whoā€™s counting and who gives a fuck.

A horrifying prospect

2 Likes

Iā€™m so glad that this is the last weekend Iā€™ll be restricted to the 5km limit. Itā€™s very restrictive in the country side.

3 Likes

I went over to Portugal last October, I did so knowing itā€™ll be our last trip abroad for awhile.

Iā€™d have no interest this year with the traffic light system, needing a PCR test or a vaccine for the auld passport.

A week in Kerry and another in Donegal will do the finest.

2 Likes

It would be a roller-coaster ride. Record approval ratings after a 25/1 winner in the last in drogheda of a Friday evening followed by record lows after a long losing streak.

1 Like

Some sickener for micheal martin missing st Patrickā€™s day at the Whitehouse and mountbattenā€™s fumeral

1 Like

I more or less stuck to the regulations :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I more or less didnā€™t break the law

More or less

Thereā€™s a few born again hard lads starting to surface over the last few days.
Its fascinating to watch so it is.

1 Like

Iā€™d run the raffle on the six one news instead of the bit where they announce the case numbers.

2 Likes

Give out 100,000 tickets numbered 1-1000. Winning tickets are the ones that match the case number gylnner or Holohan pull out their arse. A jab to the 1000 lucky winners.

Theyā€™d somehow manage to fuck up the raffle. Itā€™d be like something out of Father Ted.

An ooooft for the tfk haka lovers