Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Iā€™m awfully sorry for you and anyone else in that situation. I honestly canā€™t imagine what it would be like.

On the gyms situation, I firmly believe that they do more good than harm. They are predominantly frequented by young, healthy people who, especially now with over a million people vaccinated, are at very little risk from the virus, or doing damage to others with it.

3 Likes

Is it just hearsay to say a good amount of gyms dotted about the Country are generally run by people laundering money?

Iā€™ve heard of a number of them ( privately run now as opposed to franchises tbf ) that have been used as money laundering hubs and that all sorts of goodies could be purchased or sourced there.

I donā€™t use gyms or have personal experience.

Iā€™ve no idea. Iā€™d imagine theyā€™d be a good business to do so. Potential to have a lot of members but not many on site.

I like gyms. Iā€™m a big fella whoā€™s never enjoyed running. Iā€™m also reasonably strong and enjoy lifting weights.

Would you not just make a home gym in the shed out the back of the half acre you have?

3 Likes

Some dose, pain in the hole hopefully you can get in. Done deal and fb marketplace is great to pick up stuff. Iā€™m getting one or two things a month. Got 40kg dbs today. Close to a full set of hex head commercial ones now. Will have some set up when I end up buying my own place

Iā€™ve an old set up in the home house but Iā€™m not down there that often (too busy dragging people to a gulag cc @glasagusban )

Iā€™ve no space where I am now

2 Likes

Cash money wouldnā€™t be surprised. Some people do need the gym for social interaction etc. Not myself but I understand why.

I reckon itā€™s a very shady industry.

Unfortunately, The glory days of young people going for 5 pints 4 nights a week to meet people are gone The gym is a great place to make friends and partners for many.

Young people also have a big interest in S&C type conditioning largely based off instagram and stuff.

No point in people dissing the different things people miss in lockdown.

2 Likes

This is the fella bitching about having a sore arm after getting a little jab.

1 Like

Youā€™d imagine hardcore gym users would be used to it.

1 Like

Seems like one of those nuanced situations where everything is not black and white and canā€™t be solved with a sledgehammer. I remember those used to exist alright.

Incredibly fits the bill really for the criminal types. Plenty of good people too.

I havenā€™t cut the lawn yet this year. Iā€™ll give it a gentle topping at the weekend. The Mrs a few years ago told me not to cut it until the start of May to give our bee pals a chance and Iā€™m happy to oblige

2 Likes

115 people dying per hour in India ā€” true number is likely higher, experts say

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/PquYyi

Sent via @updayUK

On average 25k deaths occur there every day.

And?

I donā€™t think so - people like to go to a gym to pose , others go to look at bodies , others go for social reasons

All their numbers are going to be ridiculous in comparison.

1 Like

LEO
LEO
LEO

4 Likes