Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Then heā€™ll be in Bray and his car will be in Greystones.

Get the Dart back

Who are the monsters ruining summer schools for schools for Simon

Itā€™s a good job they havenā€™t guns.

1 Like

ā€œUndermining our mediaā€ :grin:

Just found out today that this powerful image peddled by the international media during the first wave is not in fact collecting bodies in Italy. Itā€™s a number of army trucks doing a non-covid related drill in Paris, France. The fake news war is being furiously waged on both sides. ( fullfact.org )

1 Like

Days like yesterday are why we serve. Have some of that.

1 Like

Hero

Its almost like they consider RTE as the propaganda arm of government :thinking:

3 Likes

Fuck sake

Youā€™d know Brendan Gleeson anywhere

2 Likes

The far right welcoming black members to protest is very Irish.

2 Likes

A 68 year old dentist among those arrested.

Iā€™m trying to think of a pun related to his profession but I canā€™t extract one from myself at the moment.

2 Likes

Fighting far right views with far right views

2 Likes

Heā€™ll have to go.

Two articles today or over the weekend on what covid will look like into the future in rte and the Irish times. Both feature doomsayers like McDonkey and Gabriel Scally prominently and are heavy on warning us that vaccines wonā€™t solve things and variants could undo us and restrict international travel and blah blah blah. Luke Oā€™Neill offering the one note of optimism says we will all be travelling freely around Europe as a heavily vaccinated green zone and itā€™ll be a failure if we arenā€™t. Thatā€™s how I see it myself.

The tone of the discourse in Ireland is just strikingly negative.

4 Likes

This fits in perfectly with what I was saying before about ā€˜on the PUPā€™ being seen as some kind of doss or scam. When itā€™s actually people who have been forced to stop working for the health of people like Fergus! :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The mask slipped there from the bould Fergus and him an advocate for the marginalized amongst us.

People are only on the PUP because their workplaces have been forcibly shut under penal sanction.

3 Likes

Parents getting vaccinated this afternoon.

Some peace of mind for them, hopefully.

17 Likes