Coronavirus - Here come the variants

They were ploughing through the vaccinations in the Regional on both Saturday and yesterday, finally seems to be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel now.

Hopefully. Getting it done in their own GPā€™s office too so theyā€™ll be comfortable on familiar territory.

Are they going to keep using hospitals to vaccinate people? Seems a bit counter intuitive bringing more people to the locations you most want to keep the virus out of and also the place where most people have it

Mostly, if not exclusively, staff getting the jab in hospitals at the moment.

Although two months into this I know of one nurse who is only getting her first one tomorrow.

1 Like

I canā€™t get my teeth in to that

Maybe he was filling time ??

Now that I think of it he must have been braced for action.

What would finding that figure out prove? Can you only protest if you are in full time employment?

1 Like

Iā€™m reading now that Gardai rooted him out near the canal.

2 Likes

Which vaccine are they getting? Will they have to go back for a second one?

Once staff are done it will probably move completely off site then will it?

Pfizer or Moderna, given their ages. Both vaccines require a second dose.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™d say it was a normal drillā€¦

Some people hate that Luke is so optimistic. Hes a fresh of breath air in the bullshit. The vaccines will work.

I paid no attention to the Sunday papers yesterday, as I was out enjoying the weather. What was the ā€œmood musicā€ like? Iā€™m very sorry for using that turn of phrase. Was there any sense that they need to ramp up the positivity and dial down the doomsday scenarios and messaging? Any off the record briefings or leaks or hints about whatā€™s to come? I think NPHET have overplayed their hand, and not for the first time. People are actually laughing at them again for their batshit recommendations/quasi demands to maintain restrictions until hospital waiting lists are cleared and to ensure restrictions are retained in settings where people sing, shout, eat, shit, hug and breathe.

Some HSE lad reckons the handshake is done

Examiner very positive this morning. Antigen tests to reopen society quicker.

Antigen tests should have been used for the last 12 months. Itā€™s incredible that the havenā€™t been.

3 Likes

The Government have tried nothing and they are all out of ideas

2 Likes

4 Likes

This has been very noticeable since Martinā€™s communications disaster the previous week.
Lot of people wheeled out trying to put a positive spin on things.