Coronavirus - Here come the variants

If you travel to a green zone there are no restrictions.

There are some utter mentallers about. I’d say he/she would have bother ascribing Nigeria to a continent

The gov has been very clear that there will be no travel this summer, that’s the message they have been driving. Now I can see that eased if you’ve had the vaccine so anyone vaccinated probably will get abroad this summer if they want but people without can forget about it.

The gov will be bring in punitive restrictions and sanctions that will rule out anyone without the vaccine other than those of wealth or leisure from travelling.

This was what Varadkar said 4 weeks ago.

Tanaiste Leo Varadkar has said he has booked his staycation for the summer already amid hope that the country will reopen for the sunny weather.

While the Fine Gael leader told his party on Wednesday night that there will be no big reopening on March 5, the politician is hopeful of a good summer.

Mr Varadkar saId he’s off to Sligo in August, all going well, and that Ireland will be enjoying beers with friends outdoors in the summer months.

Speaking on RTE 2fm, the Tanaiste said: "I have booked my home holiday for August. [In] Sligo, had hoped to go to a beach somewhere, not going to happen well it will be a beach in Sligo but had hoped to get somewhere sunny and warm."

Varadkar added: "I think because of the vaccine and because of the change in the weather and because of what everyone is doing to get the virus down you know I think there is a very good chance that this summer we will be able to have home holidays a bit like we did last summer you know.

I wonder who RTÉ will pretend their next made up email is from?

I don’t think Varadkar said anything about foreign travel in that text you quoted. It’s not clear why you quoted it.

This is unintelligible.

He said foreign travel is not going to happen so he is vacationing in Sligo instead.

And whatever you said is unintelligible then what do you think happened last summer?

Where did he say that?

How could you?

This is unintelligible.

You really don’t like having to stand over your bullshit.

What happened last summer? Were you allowed travel?

1 Like

Speaking on RTE 2fm, the Tanaiste said: “I have booked my home holiday for August. [In] Sligo, had hoped to go to a beach somewhere, not going to happen well it will be a beach in Sligo but had hoped to get somewhere sunny and warm.”

Yes. People were allowed travel without restriction to and from green zones.

So didn’t say what you said he said. You made it up.

Ok then.

@glasagusban

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/q-a-will-i-be-able-to-go-on-holiday-this-year-1.4473995

Is the Government upbeat about the prospects of that happening soon?
No. At a Government press briefing last week, Tánaiste Leo Varadkar suggested international travel to and from Ireland may be off the table for all of 2021. “Maybe it will be the case that international travel is not possible this summer, this Christmas. I don’t want to close off that possibility today, but maybe we’ll have to,” he said, to the dismay of virtually everyone.

He did.

You just want to put your head in your hands.

You won’t be going anywhere this summer without your vaccine or deep pockets and huge amounts of annual leave to compensate for the punitive measures that will come in.

FG are the best of a bad lot IMO. We have worst of all worlds now.

If we alternated between FG and SF we’d at least have parties who have some ideology behind policies. People could then choose accordingly but we’re doomed to committee coalition government now.

Ok.

He still has not said that foreign travel will not be happening.

He said he will go to Sligo and that maybe international travel will not be possible this summer.

Both are different things to what you said. You either misunderstood or are telling lies again.

You won’t need deep pockets. Ryanair have announced that they will be having a massive sale.

I’m talking about what the FS gov will do to put people off travelling, mandatory quarantining when they come back etc.

There is a drive at the minute to stop this.

How much will a PCR test cost you? How many will you have to submit? How long will you have to quarantine after returning? What are the fines in place if you don’t quarantine when you come back?

They are trying to disincentivise foreign travel this summer. If you want to go for a couple of weeks to Italy/Spain/France - will it be worth it at double the price and double your leave?

That’s how they will manage it this summer otherwise everyone will be off on their holidays - it’s simply not going to happen. Those with the vaccine will be allowed go and serious roadblocks will be presented for other by just upping the hassle or expense in going.

1 Like