Coronavirus - Here come the variants

I could completely understand FG, I voted that way myself the last time but Neale Richmond.

It was him or Josepha pal.

Slim pickings!

1 Like

A sore blow. Many more new variant setbacks and long covid will be the only game in town

As I’ve already informed you, if you travel to a green zone there will be no restrictions, that agreement is already in place.

I think you are being incredibly naĂŻve.

The govt do not want people travelling this summer and will have them jumping through hoops this summer if they don’t have the vaccine and want to travel abroad.

When you can’t even travel 5km outside your home or visit a friend at their house, go into a restaurant of attend a funeral by a minimum of mid April, you are utterly deluded to think that there won’t be serious restrictions on international travel this summer.

Why wouldn’t you be allowed to WFH after arriving from abroad? Did this happen last year?

There will probably be sensible restrictions relating to the level of infection in various destinations. If travelling to or from any EU green zone there will be no restrictions.

So the whole country can hop on a plane with little bother this summer to other greenzone countries?

I admire your naivety and optimism but that’s not going to happen.

If you want to get on a plane this summer without a vaccine, you will pay through the nose for it in financial terms or other measures such as quarantining, concession of leave or the risk of prosecution for failing to comply with the quarantine measures in place.

How many countries are on the green list at present?

I am in the process of cancelling plans to go do some work in Argentina this summer. It was originally supposed to happen last summer. Thankfully I’d nothing booked or anything, but will have to postpone it until summer 2022. Not a hope of it happening before the end of this year.

1 Like

Think so. You weren’t covered to work from home after returning due to quarantining.

You’d imagine very difficult to impose but they want as many barriers in place to put people off from travelling abroad this summer.

The only hope of this being relaxed is when a sizable proportion of the country will be vaccinated.

I’ve also a stag in Vegas this year but the wedding is postponed now so the stag will probably end up being pushed out until next year.

Yes, last summer the whole country could travel anywhere on the green list without restriction.

I think nearly all of Europe is currently red or orange. I already referenced this above.

A sizable portion of the country will be vaccinated by summer. The most of the country will be done by August.

What kind of a wanker organised this :smiley:

1 Like

Why didn’t you go somewhere so?

@Tank was in Poland but I don’t think he told anyone that he worked with as it would have had impacts on his leave and mandatory quarantining. Perhaps he can explain the finer details.

Doug.

On what grounds can they expell a student for this? It took place off campus grounds? Is a criminal conviction enough to expell a student?

Will the SU stand up for student rights or tow the YFG student politics line

1 Like

Wait, Doug Billings?!