Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Pay ā€œrestorationā€ they call it

Its an absolute disgrace mate.

Hopefully she can get back to work asap.

1 Like

We have had stupid restrictions

Didnā€™t Boris block it in the UK? And Iā€™m sure the US stopped payrises last year also

Without border controls the rest were a bit of a cod. Successful countries have had border controls.

Sheā€™ll need a chainsaw to get through all the bush that will be arriving in the front door in a few weeks. Hang in there pal.

7 Likes

Isle of Man are back in a full lockdown pal, they were blowing about how they got it so right a few weeks back.

Its a respitory virus - locking down society is total madness.

We have been more or less locked down a year now and there was still 500 odd cases today.

It doesnt work. Its crazy to be honest.

The country is being run by an unelected junta in Nphet who are aligned with the HSE.

Before this pandemic, would you put your whole life in that shower of incompetent cunts hands?

You would in your bollocks. Think about it.

2 Likes

Sure weā€™ve only fucking apes at the border

One of these

And one of these

Everyone has some sort of restrictions. The alternative has been tried and led to carnage. Vaccine will do the trick. Theyā€™re not going to change their approach now.

Sheā€™ll have to get through me to get to itā€¦

1 Like

People have been convinced we need to eradicate viruses. Never mind the fact that about 8 percent of our DNA comes from viruses, or that it was virus genes that led to the evolutionary advance that is the placenta. Nope. Viruses are awful, awful yokes.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s that too - locking people down, weakens their immune systems etc

And when things re-open people end up worse off.

The crux of it for me is this virus is a very serious threat to elderly people with underlying illnesses amd pretty much no one else.

Surely once they are protected - the population can move on and live their lives.

Vaccine might - hopefully it does.

I wouldnt be putting my house on it though mate.

They donā€™t know yet and for me they certainly, they dont know if there will be any side effects down the line from the new mRNA jabs. And as someone who doesnt fear Covid personally if I was to get it - Iā€™m very reluctant to take any new vaccine like that.

The mods here are traversing a tightrope of social responsibility. On one hand, they canā€™t have clowns posting their ravings. On the other, if they ban a lad like your man last year, thereā€™s every chance heā€™ll end up murdering someone.

1 Like

Lads scared of dying. Itā€™s a joke. Complete over reaction to covid in Western countries. We should have built a few more morgues and carried on ta fuck. I want a few pints on a high stool. Consequences be damned.

4 Likes

GardaĆ­ are advising the public of the need to plan their activities over the weekend.

Some guard on overtime drove a tank up into the mountains on a sunny day and basically tweeted ā€œyou canā€™t come here, nah nah na-nah nah.ā€

Genius.

Nonsense.

1 Like

Donā€™t be such a gobshite and take the vaccine.

1 Like

Iā€™ll hold my hands up on it - Iā€™m a gobshite more than most on here, but whats that got to do with me taking the vaccine mate?

I honestly wonā€™t be taking it. Why should I be forced to take it?

Surely once the vulnerable have taken it, whats the problemā€¦

1 Like