Coronavirus - Here come the variants

Why wouldnā€™t you take it. By the time you have the chance they will have been tested on probably hundreds of millions of people

For the same reason that Iā€™ve never seen the need to take the flu vaccine mate. I donā€™t see covid as a threat to my health and the vaccines arent around long enough for anyone to tell me that they donā€™t have long term side effects.

Simple as that. Not rising anyone on that. Thats my firm belief.

Iā€™d rather rely on staying fit, taking vitamins and letting my immune system deal with the virus if I were to get it.

7 Likes

+1 lad, well said.

1 Like

Thatā€™s perfectly reasonable, pal. I fully respect your decision, and those of others, not to take the vaccine.

Itā€™ll be a sorry state of affairs for democracy in this country if people are bullied into taking it.

I was happy enough to take it but each to their own. Making it compulsory for work or travel etc would be a step closer to an erosion of our civil liberties.

2 Likes

What about reducing the chances of you passing it on to anyone else?

What about the fact that the faster we get to a high percentage of the population vaccinated the sooner things open up and the more vaccinated the more life gets back to normal?

Absolutely dodgy, thanks for that mate.

I respect anyones decision to take the vaccines if thats what they feel is right, but for me, I wonā€™t be signing up for it.

Its not about being a crank even, people should be entitled to make that decision without being derided for it, especially as people who are vaccinated surely shouldnt have a problem with regards to the virus.

My worry is though that itā€™ll be forced through the vaccine passport etc - I wonā€™t be changing my mind though regardless, honestly.

I have no respect for that decision at all to be honest. Itā€™s ridiculous.

1 Like

Why?

Iā€™ve set out why.

Surely if those that are worried about getting the virus are vaccinated, whats the problem?

Chances are I wouldnt be getting the jab till 2022 anywayā€¦for a liberal guy, youā€™re letting yourself down here in terms of peoples rights.

By forcing people to take it youll get more sceptics. I agree with TMIs opinion but ill take the vaccine. My choice and we will have respect his. A cast majority will take it. Hopefully no harm comes to TMI but if he does get sick he has no one but himself to blame.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather take that chance all day mate.

1 Like

You have the right to choose not to take it. I donā€™t think you should be forced.

I do think thatā€™s an absolutely ridiculous decision.

Thankfully I do mate and I will be using that right. Iā€™m not acting the bollox here on this.

Good few of mates have the same opinion as yourself, is what it is, I wonā€™t be moved on it.

I think you are.

We open up when enough people are vaccinated.

Want things to open up?

I was a bit apprehensive myself about getting it but eventually just decided that the sooner I - and others - get it, the sooner weā€™ll be out of this mess.

The average vaccine takes something like three and a half years on average from start to end, this one was about eight months. Who knows what the long term effects will be on fertility etc.

@The_Most_Infamous makes a perfectly reasonable counterpoint, if you canā€™t accept that well I canā€™t help you.

The annual flu jab isnā€™t compulsory, in fact there is a very large cohort of healthcare staff every year who refuse to take it up. They arenā€™t vilified for that choice, neither should those with valid concerns about this vaccine.

5 Likes

Does the vaccine stop you passing it on? Iā€™m 50/50 about taking it to be honest. Iā€™m young and relatively healthy, Iā€™m not sure I need a vaccine for something that will have little to no effect on me.

Iā€™d be livid if I lost my sense of taste tho.

1 Like

I wont take it unless I have to to get on flights etc.

How much is enough people?

3 Likes

Shoot any fucker who refuses to take it. In the fucking face.