Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Sorry to hear that @tallback. Any symptoms in your little fella/girl? How they doing?

Crèches lads, leave them for the frontline staff.

And that’s all you’ve got? Good man. Cc @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy turns out he threw an insult then ran away…

2 Likes

Yeah. It is what it is now. Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Had two interactions with the guards there earlier. I had to go to Coolock to pick up some wood pellets so I thought I might as well go to the bring centre there and dispose of all the cardboard in the house that had built up my from deliveries over the Christmas. The car was stuffed high up and low down with cardboard.

Anyway on the Howth Road I see the checkpoint ahead of me and I get my story ready, fully expecting to get the owl is that really an essential journey response.

I roll down the window, the guard looks in and says, there’s a hardworking man anyway, good luck.

On the way back with the car stuffed with pellets in the same spot the guard on the other side looks in and I say I’m just going to my house around the corner and he laughs and says you won’t be cold anyway.

13 Likes

A daycent fella there

Two daycent fellas.

7 Likes

It’s logical.

We have 70k in nursing homes as residents or patients. Over 50% of our deaths have come from nursing homes. We had 10k doses sitting in a freezer for several days. In the last two weeks there have been over 100 outbreaks in nursing homes. This is the case in one in Dundrum.

A south Dublin nursing home – Simpson’s Hospital in Dundrum – has recorded 15 deaths from Covid-19 in an outbreak of the disease that struck the care facility last month.

The deaths at the nursing home on Ballinteer Road, which is run by one of Ireland’s oldest charities, amount to almost a third of the care facility’s 48-bed occupancy.

We also have front line staff, many of whom would have come back after Christmas with numbers in hospitals growing by the day. A key risk is our hospitals become overrun and this leads to excess deaths.

It’s just common sense. If you look at it like we need 70% of 3.5m people vaccinated with supply taking months then it might not be “material”, but in the real world where we have the acute problems we have it is.

Other countries have prepared and released vaccination plans based on different delivery scenarios. Is a bit of contingency planning too much to expect, rather than egghead Donnelly making vague statements every few days? I’d say, yes.

2 Likes

What insult?

The same ones you implied were layabouts a few posts ago? Spare me.

Job for life, mid level, civil service key tapper defends higher level civil service incompetence. Shocker.

Sorry to read this. Hope he’s okay.

Go away and hide so. This is what the frontline Medical Council said.

Ireland has almost 10,000 doses in cold storage, with the Medical Council saying it is “frustrating” that patients remain at risk when vaccines are “within arm’s reach”.

If I were cynically minded which thank God I’m not this is how I would be if I were a HSE exec. Don’t want a run on hospitals. Lock it down. Elderly are clogging up system every year. Let it rip in care homes. Give them no help. Eases pressure in future.

Vaccine arrives which means giving vulnerable protection. Slow down the roll out. We need a good cull.

Sounds crazy but every decision or non decision being made tends to lead to the HSE protecting itself rather than the users, something all bureaucracies are guilty of but the consequences much like any health scandal in Ireland are an after thought for these cunts.

Thanks bud. I suggest you filter the information sparingly back to your other half in case you completely frighten the horses and are stuck at home with your two for the next six months!

1 Like

Thats not great. 1 step forward 2 steps back,

You could have gotten a better test result but it is what it is. Hopefully he’ll ride it out handy enough, youngsters are resilient and please God it doesn’t impact too severely.

1 Like

So you think Paul Reid is using this to kill off the elderly population?

Christ almighty. I have to get out of here.

8 Likes