Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Two screenshots from google maps with the same scale applied

2 Likes

Imagine that having to be spelled out, again … christ above.

New Zealand and Australia departed from WHO guidance with what they did.

Their special circumstances allowed this. European countries have gone through this, including island nations, and dismissed the possibility for numerous reasons.

So you want to LoCkDoWn FoReVa, that’s the level of it with you.

Shur you’re ‘supposedly’ leading the world. No point in blaming the north

1 Like

Yes utterly impossible.

NZ and Aus have had numerous several breaches despite their strict rules.

Multiply that with a border crossing with hundreds of roads.
Multiply that with lorry drivers coming in and out of the country.

Their approach only worked with cases so low that they could successfully trace them. That relied on border breaches not being frequent.

1 Like

Only two ways of entering either, by boat or plane. New Zealand controlled their borders. We chose not to.

You can come in by car too mate, or on foot, or a bike, or jump boots.

1 Like

Or swim

We live in a geographic space with about 500m people that we have a freedom of movement agreement with as well as a huge import/export industry from this same region.

New Zealand sells sheep and sheep wool to Asia by slow boat :grinning:

8 Likes

The idea of an all island approach was never even discussed. Difficult with the DUP but if there is no hunger for it then we’re left with continuous lockdowns.

Forgot about that

New Zealand? Zero Covid?

Yes it was. The DUP said no.

“You could ask that of any countries which border each other," she said.

"The fact of the matter is that we are two different jurisdictions. We communicate with each other, but ultimately we have to take decisions at the right time for our people.

You are delusional and trying to revise hundreds of years of history, which the recent Brexit issue should highlight. A Zero Covid fantasist, not living in the real world.

If there was no vaccine, you would honesty suggest endless lockdowns?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t suggest letting it rip like you and the likes of Sunetra Gupta do anyway.

Change of tactics, with some lies thrown in on approach when you’re flailing. Who would have thought?

1 Like

That’s a clamping

I have been consistent all through Tim. It’s easy to be when not telling lies.

Being “consistent” means nothing.

As mentioned time and time again, I was in favour of the first lockdown as a short term thing, as was sold to us. But looking at the data and the outcomes, it didn’t seem to me to make a considerable difference based on what the use of that lockdown was supposed to be.

My position changed. For whatever reason, you have been hung up on a decision made by Sweden in March 2020 without moving forward. This has now evolved to a position where LoCkDoWnS FoReVa was always the approach, if a discredited strategy of Zero Covid was not possible. This is laughable.

I do not have a huge issue with staying in a lockdown now for a month or two whilst the vaccine is rolled out, as there is an end in sight with it likely to maintain social cohesion over the next couple of months - but not much longer. But make no mistake, without a vaccine we would have to see better policy decisions than lockdowns for 5-6 months in the winter time.

10 Likes

Malta and Iceland are island nations without a border that weren’t able to replicate the success of New Zealand

4 Likes