Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Thereā€™s a bit of Stockholm Syndrome with some lads here who were laughing at Zero Coviders a few months ago and are now going along with this nonsense

2 Likes

Logic would tell ya that in a month or so when the old and very frail are vaccinated thereā€™s no reason to continue to crucify the country. But, just reading what fellas are saying here, you can see lads are conditioned to needing lockdowns

Is any European country even attempting zero-COVID?

Is this directed at me? Our crĆØche has remained open all along. What weā€™re seeing now are those parents who kept their children at home for a couple of weeks sheepishly contacting crĆØche to organise their return.

1 Like

Sweden.

Que the sorry lads Iā€™ve to go on mute and you see them roaring at the childers to shut up im working

2 Likes

Sweden will be judged favorably by history. Bookmark it

1 Like

Did lads never read history. 24 hour news without context will drive lads demented as the news cycle has to refresh and either scare and/or inform to keep you on tuning in.

Using the same logic as judging when it was clear the financial crisis was over in July 2012 when Draghi used the words ā€œwhatever it takesā€ this pandemic is coming to an end. The vaccine exists. Lads just need to take a step away and engage their brain and join the very clearly laid out dots.

3 Likes

Stop that now. Ireland isnā€™t a place for common sense let alone tfk

Interestingly enough there is a bit of a brewing war now between NPHET and the Zero Coviders with Dr Tony and Egghead Nolan advising the Govt that itā€™s not really feasible. Tomas Ryan had a bit of a cut off Dr Tony on the Dunphy podcast last week. These academic types donā€™t spare the timber with each other.

Ryan Tubridy was agitating to open things up this morning.

After his pivot Iā€™ve decided to throw my lot in behind zero covid.

6 Likes

The high ā€œcaseā€ numbers of a couple of weeks ago seems to have lead to some sort of collective insanity in Ireland. Polls showing a majority of people want more restrictions as an example? Like what more restrictions? Hospitals are essentially closed to non covid, schools are closed, nobody is allowed to see anyone. By the time we get to March 12th we will have been in level 5 restrictions effectively for about 7.5 months of the 12 and for the 4.5 months we were ā€œopenā€ all of the Karens and Nualas wanted us closed. If we knew that was going to be the outcome back in March when we closed down for 2 weeks to flatten the curve would we have agreed to it so readily I wonder.

15 Likes

People are going insane because at every opportunity rte are pumping the doom and gloom into peoples houses all day every day.

3 Likes

The border and the new ā€œstrainsā€ have been a lovely distraction. People going ape that a handful of people are fecking off to Lanzarote or Dubai whilst half (HALF!!) the people who are in hospital with covid picked it upā€¦in hospital.

1 Like

Admitting defeat and changing course was a brave move alright.

Only morons answer polls. Your getting the opinion of morons

1 Like

Youā€™re dealing with cunts that have never heard of Lionel Messi. Canā€™t expect them to comprehend anything outside their academic bubble. And I say that as a cunt that spent nearly as much time as Wooly in third level.

I had a go at my grandmother as she was going on about last weeks late late. Told her not to watch it and throw on Netflix. Get lost in something and limit getting out, minding themselves etc.

I find the ads they are running now about trusted information makes it worse now. They are saying only to listen to trusted sources ie. Rte

And head bangers on here think lock down works.

Turn off the TV/radioā€¦ You control your own mental state. Letting that poison in does no good. The same lads spewing here every day are glued to Claire Byrne and Prime Timeā€¦

2 Likes