Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

I just got off the phone to the local genius. I canā€™t breathe with the stress of it all. He says the US printed and spent more money in the last 6 months than it took to fund the entire ww2. Donā€™t know if that was the cost to the US or the entire world, or if he adjusted for inflation. Either way I can breathe.
He told me he hates face masks so wears a face shieldā€¦I asked him if he could smell cigarette smoke when he was wearing it. He saw my point and concluded that 6 feet was useless, it needs to be 20 feet.
Iā€™m repeating to myself over and over, ā€œshure he believes in climate change ffsā€. This mantra isnā€™t helping.

1 Like

Did he put in an order for a few tables per chance?

Because people are meant to stay within 5km of their home.

Maybe we should though Mike,has there been extensive emphirical evidence of the extra threat to the world from these various new variants?

I havent seen it if there is.

You know what kid. The most honest answer I can give to that question is I dont know. Iā€™m happy enough to keep on doing what Iā€™m doing and maybe the best way forward is for us to all look after our own little bubbles and take it from there

1 Like

Why is Nepht conducting press conferenceā€™s every day when it can be done on Zoom?

2 Likes

It seems like youā€™ve had a much stronger reaction than youā€™d have if someone went for a 10km cycle or similar

Ireland needs internment camps.

Interesting post considering they day thatā€™s in it

1 Like

Going on hols is a bit worse but itā€™s one of those things like going for a walk up the wicklow mountains or driving round in your own car 10km from home that has literally no impact on covid numbers or isnā€™t even a danger on an individual level. I get that they are all part of a combined effort to stop spread but its mad that anyone could get pissed off with another person for doing these things.

1 Like

Optics kid. Itā€™s all about the optics

1 Like

That would be correct.

As has been pointed out above, I donā€™t think itā€™s creating any meaningful additional risk for the community.

As such as far as I can see people getting pissed off at it is just some sort of jealous or envious emotion expressing itself. Some sort of version of ā€œTheyā€™re having fun and Iā€™m not - I hate themā€.

Iā€™d say donā€™t let them get inside your head and make you feel worse

1 Like

I wonder what the average age was. Most people under 65 are working or have kids in school

Did we put our lives on hold so the retirees could go for winter sun

2 Likes

To paraphrase President Trump

Lock them up
Lock them up
Lock them up

I would have gone more down the line of
"Fake news "

1 Like

I think itā€™s a strange thought process to thinking about chancing going to Lanzarote on holiday at moment.

Thatā€™s really it in terms of my thinking on it.

1 Like

Really really annoying when so many people are following guidelines

If I was a betting man Iā€™d say these are holidays that were booked a long time ago and because the flights are not cancelled, no refund will be granted