Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

South Korea has one land border, with North Korea the most isolated country in the World, the border has a 4km wide demilitarized zone which no one can cross, containing the largest minefield in the World and heaviest concentration of military and artillery facing each other in the World. I wonder how that might be different from the border between ourselves and the North :thinking:

12 Likes

Go on then. You said there were ā€œsomeā€. I said China and South Korea donā€™t count and you said South Korea. So I suppose youā€™re just spoofing.

Maybe itā€™s something we should look into

If we told everybody to buy food and weā€™re locking down from 14th February til 5 March and not allowed leave your home expect for medical reasons weā€™d be virtually Covid free. as its end of respiratory illness season it would not bounce back.

Thought NZ was the most isolated country in the world?

Fatalities per 100k of population (going from south to north)

Germany 62
Denmark 34
Sweden 110

just to note for clarity, Denmark has land borders with both Germany and Sweden.

Ireland 60.56

hang on a second hereā€¦
60.5 fatalities per 100kā€¦

thats ahem 0.000605% chance of dyingā€¦

close the country!!!

2 Likes

FFS sake lad.

Youā€™re a couple of decimal places out there

60.5 divided by 100000?

Going from north to south
Germany 62
Italy 145.4
Gibraltar 216.7

Is there some directional point you are attempting to make?

times 100

Cringe

1 Like

Wanna buy a semi conductor?

1 Like

Yes, will you trade for a pizza?

You asked for a country with land borders that has done well in comparison to their neighbpurs. I gave you Denmark. Anything else you need?

cc @Tierneevin1979 please read before butting in to something that doesnā€™t concern you.

youā€™re right good man
i should pay more attention to Planet Maths that im putting on SeeSaw

anyway - that leaves us at what 0.001% maybe???

ladsā€¦ feel free to call the whole thing an absolute cod now - notwithstanding my numerical illiteracy

cc @Julio_Geordio as well.

Can you and the other mentallers narrow the parameters so that the only country that has coped with Covid is Sweden.

0.065%

1 Like