Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Depends where they are from. Sure the Cavan boaoys wouldnt share sshite.
25?

1 Like

23 is right, though I assume you heard it before,
Itā€™s one of those crazy facts like the paper folding

How high off a table would a piece of paper stretch if it was folded in half 42 times

I know Iā€™ve done that before :grinning:

Antigen

Yes heard it before, not sure on that paper one, but Iā€™ll guess it would reach the moon

I found a passport at a house party in Cork before of some lad with the same first name as me and same D.O.B. Turns out he was asleep on the couch and nobody had a clue who he was.

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna walk to the shop

Could you not tell from the passport?

11 Likes

Aye, but nobody at the party actually knew the chap and how he ended up there having a big nap for himself.

@caulifloweredneanderthal found his own passport at a party and somehow itā€™s a mystery.

3 Likes

If only mate :rofl:

Potentially yes. I think you can detect some up to about 10-12 weeks after initial infection.

Those people wouldnā€™t have symptoms though and most likely knew they had Covid previously.

1 Like

Itā€™s certainly quicker but itā€™s definitely less accurate. Prob better for people with symptoms than for general screening. Still needs nasal swab for the good ones too.

Iā€™ve been at parties when I havenā€™t been able to focus on my watch to tell the time so itā€™s highly likely it was your own passport.

The lad on the sofa probably told everyone in the house his name, where he was from and what he was on 10 times during the night.

Ha! Nope, this time it wasnā€™t ! There have been other times where I probably forgot who I was.

He killed a guy at a houseparty and then assumed his identity.

Was this when you had your Fight Club era in college? You know how that ended right?

Surely itā€™s more likely they didnā€™t know they had covid some weeks previously seeing as most people are asymptomatic?

Jesus Christ, we are close to picking players from hurling teams of the last 25 years and voting them off again.

1 Like

Well if only a % of cases are asymptomatic (say 20%) and only a small % of cases have the RNA detectable past their infection then overall itā€™s a small subset of the total positive cases.ā€™

Most of these things are small issues that occur in all tests but to my mind look who is trying to magnify them and use them to discredit testing etc - itā€™s usually extreme OIUTF and ā€œitā€™s only a fluā€ merchants. Thatā€™s tells you most of what this is all about.

I thought it was closer to 80pc were asymptomatic? Thereā€™s so many stats and conflicting opinions flying round itā€™s impossible to keep up.
NPHET and government definitely keep those kind of stats opaque enough. How many are sick, ages of those who die for eg. I can see their reasoning in that they want to keep people on their guard against something that has very real potential to cause a disaster in our health system but itā€™s a fairly annoying element of this whole thing.