Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

What a strange thing to do!

@mickee321ā€™s supposed narrative about children and concentration camps could not be further from the truth,
Was there even a single post on TFK that would support what he claims?

what was the truth? ( or at least your version of it)

You mentioned a narrative of which I am completely unaware of, I donā€™t recall a single post in that vein

Heā€™s not just smart. Heā€™s smarting.

In terms of risk do you think all those 600 women whose lives will be shortened or altered dramatically because of a two thirds reduction in breast cancer screening should be ok with their being asked to assume that risk for 90 year olds in a nursing home?

Is it a good trade off to only service and measure Covid deaths and disregard all the other deaths?

4 Likes

I felt that the Tom Humphries jibe earlier on was below the belt, if I picked it up correctly, it didnā€™t draw any complaints?

It probably was but he drew it on himself by suggesting he asked 18 year olds in college to get their sister. An 18 year old is likely to have a sister under 18.

As an aside I was watching a foreign movie last week where the term of abuse was not motherfucker but sisterfucker. Motherfucker is meaningless now but if you called a lad a sisterfucker youā€™d get a reaction.

As you know Iā€™m fairly anti-lockdown. I donā€™t think old people should just be left to die without hospital care. I think itā€™s a slippery slope. Where would it end? Youā€™re the very one who is so anti-euthanasia IIRC. I appreciate your point but it would get badly out of hand. I think first-come-first-served is the only way hospitals can really work, morally.

Ironically of course, old people dying in homes with no hospital care is exactly whatā€™s been going on in this country for a long time, even when the private hospitals that the government rented were left empty. Youā€™ve old Nualas and Brendas calling up Joe Duffy to complain about old folks being left to die in Sweden when thatā€™s exactly whatā€™s being happening in this country.

1 Like

Question: Where in Dublin can I buy a duvet during lockdown?

I need to buy a duvet tomorrow. Itā€™s an emergency, Iā€™ve a new tenant moving in. Thanks.

T(angential)FK at its finest ā€¦:clap::joy:

1 Like

You are right.

My point is more about how the HSE and NPHET have focussed on what media and public have focussed on. They know the other deaths will be well hidden and explained away. Itā€™s the motivation rather than the actuality - their actions are to protect the HSE and not to protect old people.

1 Like

Ring Tesco Clare Hall or Dunneā€™s in Donaghmede in the morning and ask them if they have them. They should.

1 Like

Dunnes Stores, marks and Spencer. You can buy nightwear there anyway.

1 Like

Bargaintown is open.

1 Like

What went on earlier in the year with the private hospitals empty was very strange.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the public mood. Iā€™m doing a course in UCD at the moment, Iā€™m in a group of 6 working on a project. Out of that 6 one ladyā€™s mother in law is dying in hospital from pneumonia, having had Covid over Christmas and another one is shitting bricks for her mother who just got tested today. A 3rd guy is a pilot who was tested today and he doesnā€™t give a shit in fairness. My da is 73 and I wouldnā€™t want him getting Covid. He has chronic bronchitis and it could easily kill him. My Mam is just 70 and I wouldnā€™t want her getting Covid. Iā€™ve plenty of overweight friends in their 30s who are terrified. Iā€™ve a tenant moving in tomorrow, a young Italian in his 20s, and Iā€™ve never seen him so far with his mask off, even when he comes into the apartment to talk to me.

Most middle aged people in Ireland are fucking shitting it.

Thatā€™s very disappointing. Iā€™m surrounded by heavy set tan farming stock. Most of them 60 +. Not one of them gives a fuck

2 Likes

Stop the press, itā€™s Vicki Vale.

ā€œIā€™ve plenty of overweight friends in their 30sā€

I have lots of fat friends, whatā€™s your problem with it?

Big blubbery cunts