Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

They’ve had a good run of it. They’ll be grand

1 Like

The only case numbers we’ll be worried about come July will be how many we’ll be checking in and bringing as onboard luggage as we fly out to drink bottles of Bud Light at the NY junior hurling final in Gaelic Park.

1 Like

A few leaks here and there today about much longer term restrictions than previously muted. It seems to be upsetting the lidtf brigade on Twitter.

I wonder could this drop in the almighty case numbers coincide with an alteration of the amplification procedure, and specifically in relation to the cycle threshold value?

1 Like

We need to drive it on now.

Define drive on kid. Maybe if we’re lucky we’ll get level 3 plus. But I doubt if you’re going to be having a decent pint before July

:grinning:

26 Likes

I think it’s fair to say they shouted louder for closure than reopening

1 Like

What a loss to the forum, replaced by a load of grand, nice, harmless fellas.

3 Likes

Them’s the ones you need to watch

Jesus wept

1 Like

You wouldn’t run a bath you cunt.

You’re not that bland pal.

People beginning to get right cranky with the boffins pontificating from home on full pay plus €500 per media appearance.

2 Likes

We’re nearly there lads … We’ve got this.

1 Like

Complete no Mark’s have never had it so good. They wont let go easily

1 Like

It’s a pity theres not someone posting here who works in a hospital for a bit of balance. Rocko should break the bank to sign an ICU nurse. They might have a few gambling tips for Filipino soccer too.

Between that the tweets below it, people have lost the run of themselves altogether. Some want to be micro managed forever

And therein lies one of their big issues, they need us to hardcore lockdown for close to another 12 weeks. They aren’t selling that in their glossy book of claims.

Yes cases have fallen dramatically and by their own projections could be between 200-400 by end of Feb. That is a sea change compared to early January. People are getting vaccinated. Hospitalisations are falling. Yet the fear klaxons are sounded on all RTE platforms today. The zero covid zealots are wheeled out and the Irish green Jersey “journalist’s” drip feed us more negative outlooks around easing of restrictions and international travel being a non runner until 2022. All this despite all key indicators heading in the right direction and there been a vaccine. You can only surmise that maybe the conspiracy theorists are not so tin foil hat after all. Or maybe the vaccines are not worth a shit and they are trying to achieve zero covid through the back door. I.e. we won’t call it zero covid but we’ll repackage a bunch of draconian restrictions and call it a long term suppression strategy to no community transmission. Today was a gloomy one. I still have hopes that the end is very nearly in sight but sometimes the waters get muddied and its hard to get a proper read on things.

14 Likes