Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

To fit so many contradictions in to so few words is quite the accomplishment.

Aoife is the lady who was delighted to tell Prime Time about all of the books she could get from the shop in Blackrock that had no website. Betty Bookshop.

1 Like

Lads. Can you please stop posting inane (and insane) tweets from twitter. In the grand scheme of things Twitter has no sway over the national moodā€¦ Tho it does seem to sway government figures (FG) at times. Still, itā€™s a waste of time and chipping away at my zen when I see some of the tripe being posted from the likes of Aoife and Maire T.

1 Like

Itā€™s as you say. It shouldnā€™t affect anything as itā€™s a small unrepresentative cross section of the country. However it does because the Government have used it as a National weathervane. More than ever, we need Wooly to save us.

Aoife is an expert mate.

Youā€™re cracking.

Youā€™re better off. I was watching one of those Wild Lives shows last night on channel 5 (?). That lad Ben Fogle met that lad Mark Boyle who lives off the grid and without spending money (kind of) in East Galway. Iā€™m sure some of you have read his stuff in the past. Anyway I was enjoying the show (landed on it randomly to avoid the 9pm news) and next thing he walks about 5km with Fogle to a pub, and reveals that he has two vices in life that he spends money on (he reckons he spends about 10-20 euro per week) - buying books and buying pints. The two boys sat down to two creamy pints that an auld wan who had been sitting by the fire when they came in pulled for them. Jaysus, I got a savage longing for a pint watching it.

1 Like

An expert what? Sheā€™s calling for zero covid ā€¦ She needs to retake her exams.

Iā€™m doing ok mate. Stupidity deserves to be called out tho.

1 Like

Not on online shopping anyway.

The low paid worker is much better off for lockdowns

Mark Paul of the Irish Times has replied to Aoife McLysaght on Twitter to reprise (cc Ger Canning) their November battle on Prime Time.

1 Like

Sheā€™s probably still seething since then.

Aoife has rounded the troops. They were not ready for Ewan and wooly last night.

Theyā€™ve had their morning swim, a fresh latte and criossant and now they are ready to do battle.

3 Likes

Link? Mark Paul is brilliant, he should have a bigger profile.

Whatā€™s behind the mindset of the under the bed crewā€¦ Why are they happy to stay in a permanent state of lockdown? Do they believe the propaganda? Or are a very large section of society unhappy with the fast pace of modern life and the empty, consumer society we have become?

Iā€™m laying down the battle lines now. If weā€™re not fully back up and motoring by the August weekend Iā€™m tooling up and going to war.
cc @Tank

2 Likes

Fuck it Iā€™ll be very annoyed if we arenā€™t more full opened up by the June weekend.
Once the over 70s are vaccinated there can be no argument made for delaying things are longer.

Agreed but you know it wonā€™t be by thenā€¦ Iā€™m allowing 2 months grace for pig Ironā€¦

Vaccines are only another tool lads. Lockdown AND vaccines are the way forward.

1 Like