Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Clearly as lockdown restrictions are a huge cause of concern for them.

Swab data for Sunday and Monday should be released around 6 which would give an indication as to how much of a backlog is in the 6000 cases.

Hang your head Reid you sham.

and the pandemic isnā€™t, in your simplistic view of the World?

we are where we are. Anyone who thinks a lockdown isnā€™t necessary in Ireland right now is sick in the head, in my opinion. If we donā€™t do something we are looking at a catastrophe, right now

1 Like

Never said that.

I think we should look at the bigger picture.

You think we should dismiss the needs of the groupings I listed above.

Thatā€™s the difference.

Iā€™ve never said they should be dismissed. If anything you have.

By not restricting or locking down or whatever, those essential services are actually in more risk of completely shutting down. We all must do what we can to avoid that. If that means not going to the pub or to a match Iā€™ll accept it.

I hope the governments are putting ancillary supports such as payments etc in place for people displaced etc (they are trying), people will fall through the cracks and thats devastating.

There was always going to be a fallout from a pandemic. Always.

All of the problems above exists without restrictions also.

Society was broken before Covid. Restrictions arenā€™t at fault for all of it. A pandemic will magnify it. Of course it will.

I havenā€™t dismissed anybodies plight.

Incorrect, I have said that rolling lockdowns and their restrictions unequivocally cause severe harm to these groupings.

You have said they donā€™t matter due to the at risk Covid groupings.

The vast majority of data suggest Covid really only fatal to groupings of people who already lived long and prosperous lives and who have limited life expectancies. So why are we disregarding the needs of the at risk groups Iā€™ve alluded but itā€™s clear as day those groupings are being abandoned by policy makers in this plight.

Lockdown restrictions actually are what mutliplies the plight of those groupings.

1 Like

Look there is no point in arguing with you because you just pick the first point and decide thatā€™s what iā€™ve said, and you havenā€™t even the common courtesy to read further points.

Iā€™ll not discuss this matter with you in future. Feel free to claim a futile internet victory or whatever floats your boat

Neighbours like Denmark? Gold standard 6 weeks ago, now not mentioned.

It is what you said.

You are Covid obsessed and to hell with those who suffer badly due to Covid policies. You just want to give those people and their plight the two fingers.

Nub of situation, many times over.

And you have people saying public transport and so forth should be returned to ā€˜normalā€™ tomorrow morning. Why do so many middle-aged men want to see Mad Max type chaos? Are they bored of life? Or just dreary ideologues?

youā€™re self obsessed and are pretending to care about the plight of others to hold up a lame argument.

No.

Iā€™m pointing out that many vulnerable groupings are being neglected and dismissed by govt policy and people like you continually dismiss their needs in a cold, callous manner.

Maybe it is a form of denial, they are incapable of seeing the possible devastation a let it rip or ā€œjust wash your handsā€ approach would wreak

howā€™s that different than before the pandemic. The restrictions didnā€™t cause that? Funny how all of a sudden youā€™re a social warrior because it suits your argument. Self obsessed

Iā€™m cold and callous now - after being called a screaming mary or wokey-leftist for 12 months. :smiley:

just like goldilocks and the three bears. Except on TFK there is no middle ground :laughing:

Youā€™d know lads are ā€œback at workā€ - the volume of posting has increased dramatically :joy: :joy:

7 Likes

I shouldnā€™t have cleared the low hanging fruit yesterday and Saturday,

1 Like

Are you stupid? Of course itā€™s massively different.

People who were not unemployed before the pandemic are now, sectors have been ripped apart, businesses that were open before the pandemic will never open again.

Support services for people with disabilities, mental health problems, addiction problems, people subject to domestic abuse have all had their support services absolutley cripped.

Children have had their education and social development grossly interfered with.

Isolated people who live by themselves have had any form of social interaction that they once had taken away from, this has a huge effect on their wellbeing.

You are engaging in holocaust denier levels of delusion here.

ok. youā€™re getting insulting now.

Which of those things you listed wouldnā€™t have happened without restrictions but with a pandemic? Think carefully. Consider it.

Ah youā€™re running away now because you itā€™s being pointed out how you donā€™t give a toss about the vulnerable groupings being impacted.

ā€œIā€™m alright Jackā€ Esteban.

1 Like