Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Years of underfunding worldwide tbf. We are suffering because of our basket case of a system run by overpaid middle management that havenā€™t a notion on what work is. Bit to leave Brazil you have to be negative

I knew where you were going,

If youā€™re firmly in the OIUTF camp while refusing the vaccine then you canā€™t be thinking straight, or else you just live/love to be awkward

1 Like

Think they likely got sick of throwing money into a bottomless pit. Look at the Childrenā€™s Hospital fiasco. You couldnā€™t trust them to run a bath.

1 Like

While Iā€™m still demanding zero covid, Iā€™m making a solemn vow to take a 10 day holiday in Wexford in May whether weā€™re at level 1,5, 50 or 500. This is beyond ridiculous.

8 Likes

Myself and Peter Collins defied the advice last year and took a leisurely break in Gorey (separately).

2 Likes

My mother has seen her granddaughter for 2.5hrs over Christmas and thatā€™s it since early Augustā€¦ Enough is enough.

5 Likes

Just go up north and do whatever you want.

My mother and father called up to us for two hours on the Monday before Christmas. Before that theyā€™d seen the two boys last September and now they wonā€™t see them until at least May. So essentially theyā€™ll have seen their grandkids for 2 hours in person in 8 months. What a catastrophic failure of government.

3 Likes

Who is driving that situation if you donā€™t mind me asking?

Same question for @Bandage

My mother has seen her grand daughter numerous times over the last year and she is away in college. I suppose its how people approach the whole thing.

1 Like

Huh? My mother is in Limerick, Iā€™m in Cork.

Yeah I made a preemptive plan B for the North last week in anticipation of the shit show that was last week. Theyll be rolling out a plan on Monday that will have actual dates and less ambiguous bullshit soundbytes like ā€œmid summerā€ that we are hearing here. There seems to be no concrete criteria like cases numbers as much of a misnomer they are or hospitalisations which should be few as we exit the tail-end of what is our typical flu season at end of April. It seems to be a wait and see approach on a wing and a prayer with Micheal Martin saying most of public are up for longer and harder lockdowns.

1 Like

My kid is only 18 months, sheā€™s not quite up to a bus eireann journey on her own yet.

And you couldnt drive from Cork to Limerick if you really wanted to?

Itā€™s not an essential journey, no. Are you saying everyone should be selfish and do what they want ?

My question is, is your mother too worried about the virus to welcome you as visitors (i donā€™t mean that to sound cold),
are you worried about your mother so you donā€™t want to compromise her?

or are you sticking to the guidelines?

Iā€™m just wondering, and when you say enough is enough what does that mean, are you planning a visit sometime?

Donā€™t take me up wrong, just asking

Youā€™ve been assimilated, kid.

Well pre christmas shouldnt have been a problem. Thats why i am surprised people are crying about not seeing their grand children. My parents have seen their grand children quite regularly over the last year.

1 Like

Why would anyone under 40 want to get the vaccine other than to be able to travel and frequent events if they introduce a vaccine passport?

Under no way would I get the vaccine if there were not repercussions in not getting it. Covid is of very little threat to people of my demograph.

1 Like

Sticking to the guidelines. More so the better half than me if Iā€™m honest but itā€™s not like Iā€™m shooting 20 mins up the road either ā€¦ my mother would certainly discourage it also, you know what the older generation are like.

1 Like