Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

There have, this is why guidance and warnings are often updated on existing vaccines.

1 Like

Which vaccine in our lifetime was statistically more dangerous than the ailment it was designed to prevent?

Iā€™m not feigning any expertise here, again Iā€™m interested in specifics

The vaccine serves no purpose for people under 40.

2 Likes

The swine flu vaccine was implicated in some narcolepsy cases I think

2 Likes

Why are you asking me? Did I say one was?

Itā€™s not proof of anything. Approx 32k people died in the state in 2018 and 2019. 2020 figures havenā€™t been released yet. Assuming a similar number in 2020, thatā€™s 2,600+ people that die every month. Farmer said that 1,000 covid deaths in Jan was ā€˜horrificā€™ but thereā€™s no breakdown of those, as quoted officially by the state ā€˜covid linked deathsā€™, being people who have died because of covid or happened to die with it, due to being in hospital. Iā€™m using 2,600 as a monthly average but deaths in January tend to be higher. So again, those 1,000 horrific covid deaths have no context. Up to apprpx 3,000 people die in a normal January. The 1,000 figure used by the state is emotive posturing without:

Total deaths in Jan
Approx excess Jan deaths v prior
Health and age breakdown of deaths
Details of where transmission of covid occurred (hosp/non-hosp)
Estimate of this 1,000 deaths due to vs with Covid

Without these details and statistics and context, saying 1,000 covid link deaths is just pushing an agenda and you have people going around quoting 1,000 ā€˜horrificā€™ covid deaths.

If you canā€™t talk deaths and statistics and data without getting emotive, when these so called ā€˜statsā€™ are being used to impose unprecedented restrictions, I donā€™t know what to tell you.

13 Likes

Can you read my post again and correct your error.

Iā€™m going to call it here. The numbers wonā€™t get down to anything like they were last summer or even in November. If they get down to 700 a day by the end of March thatā€™s as good as it will get.

You mentioned problems with previous vaccines as being a reason not to take this one.
Surely that doesnā€™t make sense if theyā€™ve all been statistically safer than the alternative?

Best thing to do would be to get to may and let it rip, with some shielding of @anon67715551 etc

I wonder is it in hospitals now and they cannot control it.

So youā€™ve just acknowledged that there have been problems with previous vaccines. Weā€™re in agreementā€¦

Well you were saying the quoted 1000 covid deaths were proof lockdowns donā€™t work - Iā€™m saying itā€™s not proof of anything without further data/breakdown of said quoted figure. It probably would have been more appropriate to reply to farmer but yours worked also as a segue to the rant.

Thatā€™s the spirit!

1 Like

Are you trying to say something, give some opinion or data? Youā€™ve just replied with a twitter link.

Iā€™d say under 60 even as long as they donā€™t have underlying health conditions.

mRNA hasnt been around long enough for anyone to know for sure with regards to long term side effects etc

Elderly patients are dying from it as per @Tim_Riggins post from the Irish Times yesterday. Of course those misfortunes died of ā€œend of lifeā€ etc

The double standards are staggering.

At the very least, people should have the right to chose for themselves without being labelled anti-vaxxers.

1 Like

Forever?

Yeah Iā€™d say 500-700. Lower than that is dreamland.

1 Like

Seamus Coffeyā€™s analysis seems to suggest around 1,000 additional deaths in 2020