Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

Welcome to six months ago,

11 months ago actually, the CDC first warned of asymptomatic spread in February. Did you miss the words “latest data” in my post.

You and me both. She is the first person I have heard of dying from it. I was thinking about it today and since this started it always seemed to be at arms length but this has brought it to the door.

What age was she Taze?

Jumps in a few counties, Waterford especially

The back is broken

2 Likes

Late 30’s, early 40s

Tipp consistently at the bottom of these tables :clap:

Fucking hell. Tramore is riddled with it I hear. Finger being pointed squarely at a publican who allegedly had a lock in on Stephen’s day. He denies it.

1 Like

It’s mad the way it’s personalised so much in Ireland :sweat_smile:

4842 cases, nine deaths

what was the logic given for closing down everything as opposed to regions ? Like a fella running a shop in a town in Tipperary treated the same as a fella running a shop in Dublin ?

People would just travel, pal.

1 Like

The incidence rate in Tipp is still 6 times higher than the incidence rate when they locked down laois, offaly and kildare

1 Like

Your dead right.

We’d have had 82,000 in Croke Park on Christmas week if we had listened to Professor McConkey, Professor Kileen and Professor Tomas Ryan back in June.

We had this thing by the balls last summer but gave it all up so a few lads could go for two pints with their Chicken Wings in Doolin after a day looking at the Cliffs of Moher.

What the hell were we thinking?

2 Likes

It’s said jokingly here, but it’s really true. Ireland has an awful problem with drink when a thundering eejit opens his doors on Stephen’s day, money or no money.

1 Like

At one stage they made a big deal of how they were going to do it though. Did they actually announce they’d scrapped it?

It was general as to why they just didn’t keep it region based …

Zero covid is not a runner on the island of Ireland when a quarter of it keeps the open border. Blame Arlene foster if you wish.

Fairly hilariously, the Zero Covid crowd in recent weeks have been trying to suggest that “Zero Covid” doesn’t actually mean no Covid, just “Not very much Covid”

1 Like