Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

PME was about generating money for colleges. One year was plenty. You learn more about doing the job when you are actually doing it. Plenty of graduates get firsts but don’t survive.

2 Likes

I’ve said it a few times already this year here, but without a shadow of a doubt the Dept of Education are the biggest shitshow in this whole Covid crisis. They have turned every molehill into a mountain.

4 Likes

My eldest is going into second year of PME if you can call it that they did 12 weeks in NUIG last year and doing 6 online next year. The rest of it is spent in a school. It’s a joke 5.5k
a year and no exams. An out and out money racket. He is starting in Wilson’s Hospital at the end of August and is hoping he will get one of the new temporary posts as currently it is unpaid but last year he picked up a good bit of subbing and supervision that you do get paid for.

1 Like

They must be comparing notes with the DFE over here because they have been a shitshow through this aswell.

You’d protect them more by being able to see where you’re going.

You could use your “Economics for Dummies” book to teach them.

4 Likes

What are his subjects? That’s a nice school.

1 Like

Haha I done some laughing when I heard about the 75m building fund to help schools open. Most ridiculous thing I’ve heard. Work won’t commence until post Christmas. Work needs to be documented some way, tendered, agreed and then all this protective stuff is on a 6 week lead time.

Accounting and Business

If he needs any resources for Business, drop me a PM.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can sub any longer without the dip.

You can.

45 cases

0 deaths

1 Like

We’ll be shut down again before the end of the month. Enjoy it while ye can!!

I make that 1 death for the last 218 cases (assuming deaths were notified on time). Mortality rate collapsing.

That positivity doesn’t suit the narrative.

Back under the bed with you.

It’s dying a death.

I dont think it does anyone any good needlessly terrifying people. This illness is proving to be incredibly manageable for the vast majority of the population. We barely have anyone in hospital with it at present.

We had over 1000 cases and 220 deaths on individual days back in April. The cases have collapsed and the deaths have almost dissappeared.

Limerick with the most cases today. 9 out of 45

1 Like

Quick shut everything down, nobody is dying.