Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

No cases of note over weekends, big spikes before bank holidays…it doesnt add up.

Has there been peer review tests of people wearing a heavy cloth mask at their already sedentary desk in an office for 8–9-10 hours, 5 days a week.

That seems to be on the way…

I’m precluded from any form of political activity cos of my job

1 Like

That’s the excuse I use whenever the Jehovahs or Mormons stop me for a chat, handy out

4 Likes

80 employees positive in Brady’s Ham in Kildare.

Dog food place in naas. Lots positive.

A third meat plant in Kildare. Lots positive.

These places need to be examined very closely. And shut down.

modh coinníollach Has the pubs closed.

2 Likes

Why has no media outlet questioned as to why the majority of these cluster are now in direct provision? If this virus has shown anything is successive goverments have failed the poorest in our country. We’ve know for years they were an inhumane shitshow that only benefited the hotels that would have went bust after 2010. We the taxpayer are paying to keep them occupied, same system for homelessness.

3 Likes

A worrying cross over between Brady’s and the dog food place

2 Likes

Rather than dealing in fear, we need to understand the transmissions. It’s not an accident, why aren’t there huge clusters in supermarkets?

Direct provision is the magdalene laundries of our generation. Whats happening in them seems to be absolutely scandalous - thats from reading between the lines.

Its not good. Its a total disgrace, there will be a social consequence to it as well sadly which will cost more than looking after those people properly in the first place for me personally.

Not having a vote - even if a lot of people don’t use theirs, is precarious. Sweep sweep jobs occur.

4 Likes

I was talking a guard in the Midlands before all this and he was saying they had to go out a few times for incidents, he said its horrendous what the people are living in, regardless of your opinion on asylum seekers he said its a disgrace. But again follow the money and who is benefiting from this? Ffg backers. Must cost a fortune to keep them in there

1 Like

I don’t know too much about it, but I’d say that guard was spot on sadly.

Its one of those things that just isnt as important in the media as an under cover setup job on a pub for instance, like the one on RTE’s primetime recently.

1 Like

When I was working on the buildings in Dublin we built a house for an ex-Guard. He had bought a few run down houses in Dublin and filled them with asylum seekers. Was getting something like €60 a night per head. Literally made a fortune from it.

1 Like

In the current environment organising any political rally or event in this regard would be dangerous for anyone involved in that. For me personally I feel strongly enough about this sleepwalking into economic devastation and the anti-science that is currently prevalent that I would consider becoming politically active for the first time in my life but as I’m in probationary period with a US MNC that there is a good chance I’d lose my job over it. I think the environment needs to change before widespread dissent will happen and I think that is a couple of months away yet but we’re not there yet. Tens of thousands of more people will have to lose their jobs before that happens so I think October or November will be the timeframe.

8 Likes

Brady’s is temporarily closing

This is our lot for a good while now, spring 2021 at least. Winter’s round the corner, immunities will be down, the oldies will be back filling the hospitals. Make sure you guys got some good snacks and good WiFi under the bed.

1 Like

Feed them any slop and hire a cleaner, shocking. It would be more beneficial to set up a court to get the asylum applications through and either deport fraudulent claims and bring the genuine cases into society. I feel for the poor folk its a terrible life

2 Likes

And an IPTV sub from @Copper_pipe

4 Likes

imagine investigative journalism calling out the government rather than attacking the public

3 Likes

Lads, I’ve said it a few times, but

Fuck Kildare

1 Like

Would you imagine the employees there who have not been tested are

1. self isolating
  2. Going about their daily business
1 Like

Game over