Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

Luke O’Neill flogging a book
Didn’t realise he was Ireland’s favourite scientist - I’d say a few professors are seething reading that

Wonder where he got all the time with media duties

It has to be expected that these things will happen.

We had the prior warning on meat factories in Ireland & also from abroad. We also knew from abroad that hostel like living conditions for migrants in Singapore led to rapid spread amongst them.

Even a €350 payment will not incentivise some people who have a temperature not to go to work. Many migrants have large families to support back home. Earning double time on a Sunday or whatever is worth it’s weight in gold. They also say they feel pressure to work from employers, there is likely some of that as well though I suspect it is largely a communication issue. Greedy capitalists like Brady’s ham don’t want the brand damage (who is going to be buying their stuff this weekend?) and the inconvenience of being shut down for several weeks.

Germany are doing what you suggest in terms of mandatory testing at the airports for red zone countries.

Interestingly, they just let you go about your business once a clear result comes through.

In Iceland, they originally had that but decided to change it to a test upon landing and then another test on day 8, with mandatory quarantine in between. Better than 14 days but still a long old spell.

I’m down south, and when you get to the hick towns, all bets are off…

This isn’t migrants from what i was told. Locals.

2 Likes

They’re introducing it. All of these potential measures have been and are being used elsewhere for months already, but we can’t get our heads around them.

It’s a very different culture, these are people who actually want to work.

Yeah - I understand the concept, my question is who do you think should pay, the passenger or the state?

Your meat consumption is largely at fault here - time to take a look in the mirror and make that change … nana na, nana na …

Kerry Foods in Shillelagh shut down this morning apparently after a number of suspected cases in the factory

Those cases could be in Wicklow, Wexford or Carlow so given the close proximity. Weren’t there 11 cases in Wexford the other day?

There was. I don’t know if these cases are confirmed in figures yet though.

It’s people like you who “feel fine” and don’t stay home when waiting for a test has us back to square one.

You need to start with the man in the mirror

1 Like

Hold firm lads

I had no test bro ?

You’d almost have to travel from Limerick to Dublin via Waterford and then onto the N11. Relatively new services area outside Gorey.

What’s the supermacs situation there? Heading to Tipp and then Cashel could bring the M8 into play. I like the variety the M7 brings as it caters for fluctuations in my hunger level better.

1 Like

I live in a hick town and very pleasantly surprised at the compliance levels. Operating at 99% I’d say in shops

1 Like

He’s talking pure tripe - compliance everywhere is pretty high… it has really notched up in the last week.

1 Like

FB_IMG_1596801582035