Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

No it wasn’t. They are entitled to understand the basis for the decision. As are the public.

shut up, why do you want to murder his grandmother?

Shut the meat factories for a couple of weeks and let the cows ate the grass on the GAA pitches up and down the country. Simple.

1 Like

it required the whole stadium, the overarching need was to accommodate 37,000 bodies

1 Like

Meat is bad for you.

I don’t agree, a few gobdaws standing back and doing nothing because they haven’t a clue what to do is very different from squads going around with battering rams looking to break up a few lads having a few cans, this is the narrative that we’re being fed here, it’s just not going to happen, it’s the TFK version of Nuala and Betty on Facebook

Time to end meat consumption and production on this island.

1 Like

We are at the point where you cant even ask a question and actually the perception will be that you you had the temerity to do so. Thats good old begrudging Ireland in a nutshell. People with a spine and who make good having the balls to take a stand are seen as arrogant and up themselves. What a docile nation.

7 Likes

+1,000,000.

Lads tripping over themselves to defend the indefensible, and getting affronted when baffling restrictions are questioned.

Others making out that things are binary choices, and arguing that you have to choose between schools reopening OR attending your child’s match while socially distancing.

Some people have completely lost the fucking plot. A pity for us that it includes the decision makers and advisers.

Cunts.

13 Likes

If I can’t get a steak, I’ll drive up to Monaghan, drag that cunt @Tank out from under the bed by his ankles and show him how you start a revolution

You’ve been calling people against these measures now fuckwits, entitled selfish cunts, selfish pricks and that everyone should suck it fucking up. Or start a focus group. Telling us 4000 people die every day in the world. People dying elsewhere has fuck all relevance to here.

This isnt about going to a match. This is about the hypocrisy of saying one thing is fine but another less dangerous thing is not fine. And they are setting a precedent that has the potential to fuck the schools right up. How they on one hand say 20 kids from a class cannot play outside for an hour, but those same kids, and another 10 can be indoors beside each other for 5 hours.

I’m not being selfish. I’m self employed, so things arent exactly rosy for me either. I’ve got by, I know the situation and accept it for what it is. But we’ve lived in this for the last 6 months and got by. Things were progressing and people were getting used to living with this virus and trying to mitigate against the dangers of it taking preventative measures. But now they are telling us one thing is inherently dangerous, but other things are safe, the complete level of hypocrisy and confusion is causing parents of kids to fear for them going back to school and is increasing the level of fear already prevalent in teachers also.

There are areas where this virus has been rampant in recent weeks. And yesterdays recommendations do fuck all to stop that. There are areas where the virus has had minimal, if any impact. And yesterdays recommendations are now stopping those things.

18 Likes

If you question anything people just reply furiously you want old people dead.

5 Likes

Nail on the head

there’s some right yes men around the place

2 Likes

Lads, pencil neck will be back in a couple of weeks to talk down to ye on a Friday night. Everything will be ok.

3 Likes

I’ve never used the word fuckwit. But there is an element of selfishness involved here.

Everyone on here is moaning like fuck about pubs and GAA matches. Very little speak about the recommendations/restrictions for the elderly and vulnerable.

Previous regime handled things very well

They’re entitled to fuck all to be fair. They’re a sporting body, all be it a big one, but just a sporting body. Anyway, effectively looking to summon the acting CMO to appear before it seems like a big overreach.

To come out with an official statement that strong was extremely rash. I’d be intrigued to understand the decision making behind it and who signed off on it (and who didn’t)

I’ll do it no greater disservice than to say it was like something the FAI would do. The GAA are usually way shrewder than that.

That lad is making an awful show of himself on this thread. He’s hysterical giving out about lads being hysterical.

2 Likes

Would you stop — we’re here because of them as much as anything. They just had a grip on spin.