Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

Fayna is a non-runner currently. Smyths and the hotel (locally referred to as Freddie’s) are at full capacity in the town. Freddie’s is wedged round the clock. If you needed a leg of a chicken between 3 and midnight he’d refer you to the chipper across the road, he’s flat to the board at the taps.
Foley is providing haut’cuisine in Gerties in Kesh. :wink: Similar to Freddie the focus is firmly on the taps. Social distancing may as well be an Arabic prayer to the patrons, irrelevant.

1 Like

Its all random bolloxology.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to make sense that an indoor gig in such a small venue can go ahead, based on what Govt said yesterday

1 Like

Who is she? I only caught the last bit of it. She was going on about the science changing on masks and he absolutely destroyed her.

I thought O’Leary had sort of lost his joie de vivre over the last year or two but there’s nothing like a bit of government / state incompetence to get him going again.

4 Likes

He’s an arsehole bro.

Oh - I see she was the presenter. Why on Earth was she defending the government position then?

She’s minding her job the useless cunt. It was glorious listening to him this evening

1 Like

Has anyone ever wondered if Michael O Leary would be much use at running the country?

Just something that struck me there earlier as I was listening to the radio.

Anywhere I can hear that interview with Mick O’Leary?

There’s been no ‘Working From Home’ nonsense for his Ryanair staff. They’ve been back in the office in Swords since the first week of June.

2 Likes

No flies on Brenda

Well if you want someone who will be anti employment law, threaten workers rights and then completely row back on it when workers stand up to him, then O’Leary’s your man.

1 Like

Surely an unsustainable level of a virus is a good thing?

5 Likes

Sounds more appealing than a medical dictatorship who won’t let my folks out of their homes.

I’m in. I think once people start to consider MOL they’ll begin to wonder themselves if he should be running the country.

Get busy living

8 Likes

I’d ate and drink that
:brendan:

1 Like

We had over 1,000 cases announced on the 16th of April. There was 220 deaths on the 22nd. Why are we reacting now as if that’s the figure we are at now? I’ve no issue with a reminder to people to refocus and to start adhering again to safety measures and being more cautious, but there is an element of boy who cried wolf to all this, after today’s announcement of 50 cases and 2 deaths. We are going to be living with this until there is a vaccine. If we have to lock down every time cases rise a bit then we’re at nothing.

14 Likes

Yesterday’s carry on, the targeting of innocents and the pass given to the guilty was one of the most disgraceful days in Irish history. The medical junta are getting ratty now when challenged about it. By ignoring meat processing plants and direct provision centres they showed they’re compromised and not even acting in good faith. Beyond shameful, I’m absolutely raging about it still. Time to delete that Covid tracker app (cc @Tank).

10 Likes

They’re obviously holding and adjusting figures as much as possible. 190 yesterday when they made an announcement, highest number in weeks the Thursday of the bank holiday.

I had to come to a pub ten minutes outside Achill for my first fully functioning pub experience.

Walked into a pub serving “food” to 8 lads sitting down. There was two lads 23, the rest of them in their 60s/70s/80s having an intense debate about Mayo Football.

One old timer gave a great low down of Westports upcoming game with Breaffy, while ten minutes later the conversation changed to Mayos defeats and Vaughan’s red card. I finished up my drink and left in hope that this can return to civilisation in the upcoming months.

OIUTF.

3 Likes

Which one of the 3 are you