Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

The question that can never be answered is how many lives did the lockdown save?
The figures as they are can be used by all sides in the debate to suggest they were right all along, but 1200 extra deaths seems significant,

1 Like

I think the lockdown was needed and hopefully it will invoke a bit of cop on from the majority of people re social distancing, good hygiene and other practices to minimise it. We don’t want to return to it so we can enjoy some other stuff now and in time we will have more if we continue to be disciplined.

The itch for people to going flying across the world on unnecessary trips now really irks me though.

1 Like

Very true. I guess a comparison with Sweden at the end will give an idea. We won’t have any answers for at least a year or so.

Just need to look at places that had a successful lockdown and those that didn’t. Sweden, who were being championed by many on here had 10 times as many deaths as Denmark/Norway.

so people who didn’t actually die of covid are included in the Irish figures, no wonder Holohan is getting out

Is that not just a case that the rest of the population were under the bed so less accidents on the road, work related deaths etc

A complete cod, ffs.

2 Likes

Ah jaysus … the under the bed crew and the no birthday cards crew wont like that.

2 Likes

They could have died from anything and the bastards threw them in as covid deaths … that’s fucked up… Project fucking fear indeed.

2 Likes

I can’t believe they’re admitting to it, are people in this country all asleep?

Holohan convenietly resigns the night before. People need to cop on ta fuck.

1 Like

And lads said we were the worst in the world. TUM called this in mid April. He’s been consistently ahead of the curve.

It’s the same in the US, the government is paying hospitals (via Medicare which most older people are on) 20% above the normal payment if the patient is being treated for Covid-19. They are incentivized to report Covid 19 cases.

1 Like

tenor

Get back under the bed, you cunt.

1 Like

Some lads would rather we were in America or Sweden’s position. Economy still fucked and still having a high number of Covid deaths

2 Likes

A lot of lads made their mind up we would handle this badly before it started and then dug in in classic TFK fashion.

1 Like

I haven’t been under the bed for a long time. What are you so upset about? The economy was going to be fucked whether we stayed open or not and we did better than we thought on Covid figures. A success compared to the countries you wish we followed

It’s going to end up being very confusing for the significant cohort of people who want the goverenment to have done a bad job (more deaths) but also want the whole thing to have been proved to be a cod (few excess deaths). The same for another big bunch of people who wanted the two opposite things.
I predict no side will admit they were wrong and everyone will keep arguing the same thing they did at the start forever.

2 Likes

Personally I think the goverment did a terrible job through this, but based on the list of fuck ups and mishandling everything not on deayhs. Unfortunately people have died but the lockdown helped prevent deaths, this 4 month lockdown was a mistake OIUTF should have happened in May. This reporting of how deaths is as clear as mud, another fine example

1 Like