Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

I had a read of that article there. You’re touting a €5,000 donation that he says were spent on election/party expenses in 1991 as some sort of smoking gun evidencing corruption. That’s clearly nonsense.

It went into his wife’s account and he didn’t keep receipts. Does anyone think this is unusual in 1991?

I’m hardly a big defender of FF, but you’ve massively overstated your case here.

The writing in that arrival is laughable by the way.

Moi?

It’s incredible to watch, it’s like a klaxon goes out.

FF synonymous with corruption

A builder pays 5k into his wife’s account

the money was only resting in the account

3 Likes

They shine a Sombrero symbol in the sky

4 Likes

if Hitler was from Cork they would defend him, look at the way they all stick up for the Ballymaloe sickos

3 Likes

A mate of mines brother had his wedding planned for next week in bunratty, 30 guests. The hotel rang him yesterday and cancelled

I’m aware of two weddings that are booked for two groups of 50 each, a divider down the room, dáil golf society style.

Ah here that’s just Bizarre. You’ll accept a fintan o toole article if it supports your opinion but you’ll dismiss fintan o toole as laughable if it is counter to your case. Fair enough…

3 Likes

I know. Lads bought off for a few quid. One key lad on the council who swayed a lot more got a decent wedge and others got a few pound in their pocket. And Charlie buying islands horses and country estates.

Where did I dismiss Fintan O’Toole as laughable? I said the writing in the article you posted was laughable. You’re really struggling today.

Bernard Jackman on the wireless there said 220 people allowed into the Aviva for the rubby this evening? What’s the story there?

I’ve actually gotten to the bottom of the confusion earlier on where we seemed to be at crossed wires regarding figures.
I was referring to the article from the Village which goes into far greater detail on the donations,
Just wanted to say that. Again one political donation of 5k at election time and a few hundred here and there (also at election time)hasn’t swayed me to thinking that he’s a bad man, do you hold every politician/public figure to those standards?
I’m not totally up to date with these things but I always thought donations to an election campaign used to be an accepted thing??

Was that not the way things were done back in 1991?

I’d have thought money in return for favourable zoning/planning decisions was perfectly reasonable.

Same as any other professional service?

You vote my way and I’ll pay you. Same as you vote my way and I’ll look after you in a non cash way.

It’s rubby mate. They’re above the rules

No perhaps about it

1 Like

Ah sure I’ll take that over permanent outrage and cynicism

1 Like

Basically every developer was giving money to politicians. Some lodged the cheques and some didn’t.

1 Like