Coronavirus - the deadly virus that no one dies from

I’m going to follow this more myself .

What were today’s numbers?

You’ve been crying since March for the pubs, bro.

Congrats mate.

Are you sure you didn’t get it today though?

1 Like

2 dead and 21 cases. Journal dont have denotifications on article

1 Like

I enjoy pubs mate

Did anyone listen to the interview yesterday? Did Sarah Mcinerney stick it to de gascun or what? Hard to gauge off twitter

Addiction does that

Oh right. Noted.

Gavan “Gav” Reilly a prime example.

Plenty of soccer writers like “Miguel“ are pretty unbearable too. They consider themselves “content creators” rather than journalists.

4 Likes

@carryharry @mikehunt

Break out the champagne

1 Like

Lockdown or no Lockdown, carryharry has to put to everyday pal.

What has you angst up? :grin:

1 in Carlow, 1 in Cavan, 1 in Cork, 25 in Dublin, 1 in Kildare, a rare 1 in Leitrim, 1 in Louth, 1 in Offaly, 1 in Wicklow. That’s all 32 of today’s 21 cases.

6 Likes

In fairness to them and their place in the world, their job and status has evaporated. They are the travel agents of our, most recent, times

I would be sympathetic, as it is coming to us all. Unless you can use a comma with aplomb.

You’d HAVE to question the accuracy of the figures

There were 17 unaccounted for yesterday so I suppose we’ve discovered 11 of those

Are the Gardaí counting the cases or what?

3 Likes

Journalism has been on borrowed time as long as I can remember. We were told to stay well clear in school. The golden era started dying 20+ years ago. Remember the “shocking” redundancies at the Irish Times, that must have been 20 years ago now, they had to stop trying to be the New York Times with bureaus all over the world.

I don’t really have sympathy for the millennials who got into it and who resent that, they all knew well what they knew getting into. They were the Napster generation after all.

Half of them are aggregators now. And they all have to have opinions. They used to have to be decent writers first at reporting, that isn’t even bothered with now. There are some notable exceptions obviously.

2 Likes

Ewan Mackenna obviously😀

1 Like

Since when do we need reporters gut feelings?