Coronavirus - Here for life (In high population density areas)

I’m reporting their salary not their annual leave.

And leave in November, December, Jan, Feb, March/April along with June/July/Aug

Correct. I’m not arguing with that at all.

You neglected to mention it in your post.

I don’t have to mention everything in my post.

My point was would many people take on additional work for two months of the summer? The other leave during the year is quite piecemeal so it wouldn’t align itself to an additional employment

Why not? They have 4 months off in the year.

I also indexed a part time worker like a teacher and their pay against your standard full time worker.

So you agree that it takes ten years for a full-time teacher to get to the average salary in Ireland?

Because that’s what the statistics say.

But think of the job satisfaction

I’m surprised at you taking the bait here.

It takes most professions 10 years or more (or never) to reach the average full time workers and these people are full time workers, not part time workers like teachers.

You seem to be ignoring the vastly comprehensive Fulvio Index above which cuts out any misinformation.

I’m here waiting on a Teams meeting to kick off pal. Just said I’d have a bit of craic :grimacing:

I’ve read it, but it doesn’t matter a jot. At the end of the day, take home pay is what’s important here. It should also be noted than many teachers started off on precarious short term contracts, subbing etc, with no summer pay, so it could take them much longer than the ten years from qualification to annual average salary.

It would take more than that if a teacher did not get a full time job in their first few years remember.

Just made that point, but sure look it, some lads had a worse experience of their school days than others, and I’m sure that clouds their perspective.

1 Like

Another factor to consider is time in education.

Primary teachers all have to do a masters level course to qualify now.

It’s not @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy doing a one week course to get his safety cert to noodle around the warehouse all day.

1 Like

You’re going to continue in this vein now?
I don’t give a shit, it’s very childish to deliberately misquote somebody to make it look like they said what they didn’t, you seem to think it’s fine. You’ll get your handy likes and your hard earned and important iinternet reputation is sound.

You mental cunt. I made this point hours ago to @Thomas_Brady and you stuck your nose in. After 10 posts you haven’t commented on the teaching union’s stance.

1 Like

Today is wonderful day.
Smile.
Breathe.

1 Like

I think it’s a mix Ambrose.

Any teacher I know would be back in the morning if they were vaccinated. Parents I talk to have varied opinions.

Some teachers I know would go back in the morning without vaccinations. Others wouldn’t. One teacher I know is back living with her parents for last couple of years as she is going through a divorce. Both her parents are 70+ and recent cancer survivors, and she is worried about brining it back home to them.