Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Lockdown incoming

1 Like

Claire fairly put Airlines Gemma in his place. Ooooft.

“Dr Hickey said there were four categories of patients who present at emergency departments, two categories were acutely unwell patients or people who had been injured. There were two further categories – people who had “run out of road”, who had not been able to access a GP, and those who had been referred by a GP as they could not offer them treatment because of the pandemic.”

That reads like shit systems in place and GPs not wanting to get hands dirty as the main problems as opposed actual delta variant …I’d say two people turning up at hospital with delta could buckle the system …absolute joke shop …

“And thank you very much for asking to appear on the programme this morning…” Claire Byrne says politely as she ends a tense interview with Michael O’Leary of Ryanair.

He was probably looking for Morning Ireland but Mary Wilson was hiding under her desk at the thought of it.

1 Like

George Lee is going to be loving this. He is back.

Listening to morning Ireland a doctor said one of the categories of people in hospital were those I juribg themselves on staycations, for example falling off trampolines and the likes.

We need to open the airports to protect the health system!!!

3 Likes

So Airlines Gemma only wanted to go on a programme where he thought he could shout over the top of the interviewer? Figures.

Sure mate.

You’ve just picked all the tweets that suit , I’m sure there’s plenty saying opposite :joy:

I’ve literally picked out quotes and I heard the interview myself. Airlines Gemma made a fool of himself.

Aodhan O’Riordain put the boot into him nicely on the following segment too.

At this stage Adrian Cummins of the Restaurant’s Association is less of a liability on air than Airlines Gemma.

To be fair, Egghead warned us of the dangers of trampolines some time ago.

1 Like

1 Like

More restrictions than anyone else AND more covid than most.

We MUST follow our public health advice.

Ireland has fourth-highest incidence rate of Covid-19 in the EU

Ever get the feeling you’ve been had?

4 Likes

Next 6-8 weeks lads. Be grand.

1 Like

We’ll all be in level 4.5 for Christmas. There might be a special amnesty for Christmas day where you can meet family outside your bubble in a park for 1 hour. The great unvaxxed will be the reason why allied to the fact that the most vulnerable cohorts haven’t got their booster shots yet. No one will be quite able to figure out why cases are so high with such punitive restrictions. “Remember what happened last Christmas” will be a distant memory. Antigen tests will be a great stocking filler.

1 Like

We need 80% vaxxed with the 3g vaccines to protect the vulnerable

That’s easy to figure out. Despite, or maybe in spite of the punitive restrictions a load of cunts like @glenshane ignored them, refused vaccination and keep spreading covid. It’s a mission now for them.

I’m beginning to find it very hard to believe we won’t be under some kind of restrictions for all of 2021

I’m sorry but what the fuck is he on about?
In 6 to 8 weeks we could realistically have 75% of the adult population fully vaccinated. A lot of the kids are getting the one shot Janssen.

There was mention a month or 2 ago of workplaces bringing back employees in September in a hybrid WFH and office approach. There is not a hope of that happening now. Our offices in US, France, Germany are doing this already but by time September comes and cases inevitably rise there will be a call for more restrictions as schools need to be safeguarded. The similarities with this time last year are uncanny both in terms of messaging and actions. We really are being held to ransom by trainwreck that is HSE. There are 60 odd people in hospital with Covid and we are hearing of chaotic scenes in our hospitals.

3 Likes