Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

He’s seething, his return to the office has been brought forward to June.

5 Likes

Lads, its possible this current government may be the greatest we’ve ever seen in the history of this state.

Once we get Leo back into the Taoiseach’s office, the country will really take off.

1 Like

I’ve been in India twice with work the conditions people live in are beyond belief it’s a harrowing situation there at the moment no doubt amplified by their enormous urban population with millions living in squalor.

2 Likes

Ghandi made a fuck of that country.

India OIUTF for religious celebrations and elections. There were lads here screaming for the govt to do the same because they were gasping for a pint. Your defence of them is staggering.

That Ronan Mullen cunt would have us all dead. DEAD!

In Brazil, mortality rates have doubled among those younger than 39, quadrupled among those in their 40s and tripled for those in their 50s since December, she said.

Hospitalisation rates among those under 39 years have increased by more than 70% in Chile and in some areas of the United States more people in their 20s are now being hospitalised for Covid-19 than people in their 70s.

The independent experts on the WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts (Sage) reviewed Sinovac’s CoronaVac jab from phase 3 clinical trials in China, Brazil, Indonesia, Turkey and Chile.

The assessment came shortly after WHO Sage experts had voiced “very low confidence” in data provided by Chinese state-owned drugmaker Sinopharm on its Covid-19 vaccine regarding the risk of serious side-effects in some patients, but overall confidence in its ability to prevent the disease, a document showed.

The Sinovac vaccine has been authorised in 32 countries and jurisdictions, with 260 million doses distributed, the Sage experts said.

We are very confident that two doses of CoronaVac are efficacious in preventing PCR confirmed Covid-19 in adults (18-59 years),” Sage in an assessment posted on the WHO website.

It cited evidence gaps in safety in pregnancy, and on safety and clinical protection in older adults, those with underlying disease, and evaluation of rare adverse events detected through post-authorisation safety monitoring.

The experts said they had a “moderate level of confidence” that the risk of serious adverse effects was low in people aged 59 and younger, but had a “low level of confidence” in the quality of evidence that such risk was also low for adults older than 60.

“We have low confidence in the quality of evidence that the risk of serious adverse events in individuals with comorbidities or health states that increase risk for severe Covid-19 following one or two doses of CoronaVac is low,” they added.

A separate group of WHO technical experts was reviewing Sinovac’s shot on Wednesday for possible WHO emergency use listing, which would not only pave the way for its use in the global Covax vaccine sharing platform but also provide a crucial international endorsement for a vaccine developed in China.

Hands up the lads who wanted us to use Chinese vaccines.

Sure the Chinese themselves are all waiting for Pfizer!

“We want the chinese vaccine, we want the Russian vaccine, we want the US to give us their vaccines, waa waa waa.” @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy @Heyyoubehindthebushes et al circa March 2021.

4 Likes

Who is “she” and can you post up the full article.

I want Sputnik.

He was a big hit on TFK. Him, Johnny Arse, Mattie, the Healy Raes, Boris, the Don. They were the only calm heads while the world lost their shit. We’ll know the next time.

We all had moments of losing our shit in fairness

2 Likes

I tried to preach zen.

It is too early to tell what the long term effects of Covid are but to still try and minimise the impacts of the virus and explain away what’s happening in India as ‘one of those things’ is typical of the selfish attitude of the OIUTF crew. Asymptomatic people have been shown to have lung damage from Covid.

1 Like

I have already issued my Internet apology based on the evidence. Keep me out of it

1 Like

@Heyyoubehindthebushes knew asymptomatic was a cod

3 Likes