Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Eamon Ryan says " The next 2 to 3 weeks are crucial" . Its as if he slept through the other 2 week pronouncements and the cliche has gone over his head.

8 Likes

That means they’re locking down

Don’t like the sound of that

A doctor who’s also the international equivalent of Sam McDonkey

2 Likes

Were all in this together mike

1 Like

The @Fran variant isn’t really a concern. It’s a bit bland.

And so it begins. Hospitals emptying out. Vaccinations ramped up. Further reopening in less than 2 weeks time and massive groundwork for reneging on that commenced today aided and abetted by main stream media and ISAG. Not only that but we have David Nabarro of WHO and Christina Pagel of independent SAGE wading in on Ireland today. Its like every other country is opening up and moving on. As Ireland is one of last bastions of lockdowns its as if this is something that needs to be protected. It is truly sickening shit and if you cant see through it by now then God help you.

18 Likes

Young unvaccinated people might be able to travel. But they’ll be quarantined on arrival.

You’ll miss the Pandemic when it’s gone. I’ve never witnessed a chap to get so well foddered up on negative thoughts.

2 Likes

You’ll miss me when I’m gone. I’ve never seen a lad get so foddered up by what I have to say all the time. But please do carry on.

Interestingly we are 17 months into this now (probably a few months longer in reality) with vaccines. Our hospital numbers are pretty much the same as last summer at this point. We have vaccines but we also have more restrictions. Go figure. You might @ me when you think the pandemic is gone or at the very least when we don’t have mindless restrictions and daily bean counting of cases that amount to nothing.

13 Likes

Get busy living you ape.

1 Like

What is it with young people?

We’re as mad as hell and we just cant take it any more

Oh right yeah thats me told.
Re the living bit.

There are plenty of things you obviously get satisfaction from in your life with that is unencumbered by restrictions. I am not saying it is a simple life but it is fulfilling for you personally. Others like to live their lives in other ways. Going to matches/concerts, visiting other countries, experiencing new cultures, sights, people, food etc. It is always good to spread your wings. But at the same time I appreciate the fact that other people prefer routine, certainty, watch fair city, have 5 staple meals for each day of the working week. I would like to subscribe to the view that the world is your oyster and anything is possible rather than living in a puritan society severely restricted and upheld by people who like sameness and enjoy a comfortable existence. Before you suggest emigration as a magic bullet this is not an option at current juncture.

18 Likes

Are ye looking at a further imposition of restrictions in Ireland?

A memo has obviously gone round the ISAG today to move to stop the reopening. Much more headbangers on the radio today than normal

1 Like

It’s no wonder @carryharry never noticed the Covid.

3 Likes

If you don’t like what we’re doing here get the fuck out.

1 Like

I think they will keep the status quo that is here at the moment but possibly move indoor dining and other things like that to August. NPHET always mentioned outdoor summer. At no point did they really countenance the possibility of people having a drink in a pub. The Brits moving “freedom day” has been a manna from heaven for them.

I think they need to lockdown good and hard now.