Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Your nostrils must be in shit this morning. :grinning:

What attendance for the AIHF that weekend? Will be be allowed in do you think? Will be some scramble for tickets

your point is “I don’t like anti-lockdown people so fuck them”

More bullshit. You said indicators. Not cases. UK numbers below. The vaccinations have done this. Not public health measures.

1 Like

Self administered tests won’t work. In Denmark if you want a Corona pass which lasts for 72 hours you have to get a test at an approved rapid testing site, where you are given a choice of PCR or antigen tests. There are 666 of them in the country. Denmark has 5.8 million people.

Trusting people doesn’t work, and only a fool would trust Paddy.

Yet now the indicators in Britain are trending up.

Lads like you would rather parade your ignorance for the world to see than ever admit they you wrong on anything.

You can’t trust Paddy not to rub cow shite on his Antigen test.

1 Like

And how do we live in evert other fassite of our lives in a community? We trust each other. Yes there is bad eggs but for example we all follow the rules of the road for safety. It doesn’t stop people drink driving, not wearing seat belts and dying. 99.9% of people follow the rules of the road yet we don’t stop as we can’t trust some people. The fact that we are still debating antigen testing is a farce. We were told we should use every tool available yet we don’t. It won’t catch everything but assist in catching more, greater suppression etc. Its the same argument that was used for mask wear. It won’t fully protect you but is another tool lined up to the Swiss cheese model analogy that was in vogue last August

4 Likes

Drink driving is not a virus passed through the air. We enforce drink driving through punitive measures. We don’t invite people to self-breath test and trust them they are under the limit.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

1 Like

Your completely missing the point. It’s not a big roaster dinner either. We can’t test everyone for drink driving but you can clearly tell you ate over the limit by quantity consumed in a giving time frame. You cannot tell if you have covid and are asymptomatic but we can test to indicate to reduce the numbers further infecting people. How difficult is it to tell people test yourself and if its positive get a pcr? Are we blocking this because some people may ignore it? If someone was going to ignore it they probably wouldn’t take the test in the first place.

How am I missing the point? People who suggest antigen testing point to the Danes, and in the same breath throw out what the Danes do. They Danes test you on site at 666 testing locations throughout the country.

So if you want what the Danes have, that means on site testing locations in every small town, and rigorous enforcement of the rules with no exceptions. No pass, no entry. In Ireland, that just won’t happen. We can’t be trusted. And everybody here knows it.

You cannot point to the Danes and then throw out what they do. That’s pure Paddy. “Ah shure it’ll grand”. It won’t be grand.

9 Likes

We don’t enforce home quarantine for people with positive PCR tests but yet most people are responsible and stay at home and inform of close contacts.

Should a person with a positive PcR test be required to immediately go to a detention centre for quarantine. It’s the logical end of your position that Paddy can’t be trusted.

1 Like

Cheasty: “Ireland absolutely cannot possibly do a simple thing that Denmark does.”

Also Cheasty: “Ireland could absolutely implement the same system as New Zealand if it wanted to.”

10 Likes

Another poster who claims to want what the Danes have but in fact doesn’t want it.

Sure that’s what you’ve been saying.

And what you want is a lot more complicated to implement because it depends on millions of individual decisions in every boreen and townland, whereas what I was in favour of doesn’t.

Also, I thought you weren’t interacting with me? :grinning:

It amused me to point out how ridiculous the positions you’ve assumed are. “We couldn’t test people, but we could seal off the island.” Nonsensical stuff.

If the positions appear contradictory, it’s because they are, because you’re not arguing any of this in good faith.

Another thing that puzzles me about all this is that Paddy apparently wants to travel later this summer. If Mr. Delta Variant spreads, Paddy won’t be going anywhere. But Paddy wants to give Mr. Delta Variant every chance to spread.

That’s Paddy for ya.

Your coping mechanism is kicking in again. You started off with a contradictory position and you defaulted to that coping mechanism when called out on it.