Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Unbelieveable, all the vulnerable vacinnated, some kick in the teeth for businesses.

5 Likes

The stanford prison experiment. There a Netflix doc on it

Stanford prison experiment https://g.co/kgs/5YTkni

2 Likes

The selfish generation. We should be inside while those young people, cause of all the countries problem stay out in the cold.

Paddy can’t handle his pints inside

2 Likes

if ye can just hang on for another 3 weeks, then another 3 weeks after that, and then maybe another 3 weeks after that

2 Likes

Cc @glasagusban we are saving lives here. Kyrgyzstan is riddled with delta plus

1 Like

If they open again just on the Tuesday after the bank holiday I’ll be peeved

Dozens of Eritreans land in Dublin airport every week but none of them will be going near a hotel

1 Like

The common man cannot be trusted with a bank holiday.

1 Like

All truck drivers and seamen I suspect

I’d say most of the asylum seekers, who’ve lost their passports on the way, in the past year or so have been from Eritrea

1 Like

But that is conspiracy thinking. You say people are mistaking the Delta variant for hayfever.

That would be to say that pretty much the entirety of the world’s scientific community are either idiots or are running a conspiracy.

Cliches such as “virtue signalling” are utterly meaningless, not just in general but especially in relation to this.

You say “every jackdaw has an opinion”. That’s an admission that you (and I, and everybody else here) know nothing.

And yet you turn around and dismiss the opinions of the world’s scientific community.

People on this forum are furious that Tony Holohan is not listening to them. I’m delighted he’s not. He shouldn’t be. None of the people tasked with responsibility should be listening to anybody here.

OK Aisling.

Of course they’re cautious. They’re the ones with the responsibility. Nobody here faces such responsibility if things go tits up. The government publicly overruled NPHET twice before in order to be popular with people like the majority of posters here, with disastrous consequences. NPHET are cautious because if it goes tits up they take the rap.

Saying that they want to prolong restrictions for money is conspiracy thinking.

“There is an element who are anti-alcohol”. Pretty much any serious people in the medical field advise against binge drinking, if that’s what you’re on about. It’s not some conspiracy. Same as them being anti-smoking is not some conspiracy.

The Stanford Prison experiment is extremely relevant to the rise of far right politics worldwide, and the anti-woke insanity currently sweeping middle aged men everywhere.

To say it’s relevant to the conduct of medical and scientific elites during a pandemic necessitates the belief that the pandemic “is all bullshit”.

I would certainly argue that the Stanford experiment is relevant to the conduct of those who have been disgracefully cavalier during this pandemic, most notably Trump, Bolsonaro, De Santis and Modi, who so clearly did not give a toss whatsoever if large numbers of people lost their lives and engaged in shameless hubris at every turn, all to satisfy their Ayn Rand, Darwinian survival of the fittest urges.

Jesus Christ @Cheasty sounds like some fucking gimp.

15 Likes

But that is conspiracy thinking. You say people are mistaking the Delta variant for hayfever.

That would be to say that pretty much the entirety of the world’s scientific community are either idiots or are running a conspiracy.

Cliches such as “virtue signalling” are utterly meaningless, not just in general but especially in relation to this. (Your personality on here dictates that practicalities for social well-being are not possible - the world has existed through trial and error for 2 thousand years - your views are consistently the views of an 8 year old)

You say “every jackdaw has an opinion”. That’s an admission that you (and I, and everybody else here) know nothing. (and? i was trying to humour you, as you make certain threads unreadabe with your idiocy and i’m not au fait with muting people, I can’t be alone though?)

And yet you turn around and dismiss the opinions of the world’s scientific community (as above)

People on this forum are furious that Tony Holohan is not listening to them. I’m delighted he’s not. He shouldn’t be. None of the people tasked with responsibility should be listening to anybody here.

4 Likes

He’s delighted with the stance he’s taken and the level of attention it gets him

3 Likes

Good thread on data from UK

That’s some load of rot. It used to be obvious when posters here were being satirical. Now a load of posters have decided to genuinely become parodies.