Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Thanks. For somebody who is an “OIUTF” merchant you sure sound like an awful bedwetter, it’s just that what you’re afraid of is entirely imagined!

Still, “defiance”, eh?! :grinning:

I’m certainly enjoying how weak the arguments against my stance are.

Portugal did what the OIUTF lads here want Ireland to do. How’s that working out for them?

I want to open up but would be hillarious if Portugal went in lockdown again to see Ewan’s reaction.

1 Like

Apparently Ireland is “locked down” but the Portuguese aren’t.

Tony Holohan must surely be to blame for the below?

From 3 p.m. on Friday until 6 a.m. on Monday, people must present a negative coronavirus test or a vaccination certificate to leave or enter the Lisbon region. The tests must be PCR or antigen tests. Antigen tests are available for free in Lisbon pharmacies.

Restaurants, cafes and non-food shops in the Lisbon municipality must close at 3:30 p.m. over the weekend. Supermarkets and grocery stores must close at 7 p.m. These rules will also be in force in two other municipalities, including Albufeira in the southern Algarve region, famous for its beaches and golf courses.

Brendan O’Connor bravely defending the Govt/NPHET on the wireless

You’ve been denied parole lads and your next hearing won’t be until March 2022

1 Like

What data is “more transmissible” based on?

Write off 2’21

Is any of this reflected in an increase in pointless cases numbers or in hospitalisations?

1 Like

Another quack saying we should be antigen testing. The gall of him.

said opening the country to the fully vaccinated coupled with targeted rapid antigen testing could have benefits however he stressed the need to get people who have had one dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine fully vaccinated quickly while also targeting younger cohorts with the vaccines that are available.

1 Like

Can anyone give me a single logical reason why vaccinated people over the age of 50 shouldn’t be allowed into pubs and restaurants that doesn’t amount to saying “vaccines don’t work and we should lock down forever”?

3 Likes

Only 1 death in the North this week. We’ve stopped reporting deaths have we?

The argument I’ve seen advanced is that the younger staff aren’t vaccinated and are therefore at risk.

Professor Mills says "Ireland should not have been so lax on travel from the UK.

Here’s what you said about travel:

As we know you’ve recently pivoted to admitting travel form the UK is a problem.

Some people need to make up their mind about whether this Delta variant is a problem or not. Given what is happening in Portugal and the reaction in the rest of Europe to what is happening in both Portugal and the UK, I think we can see it very much is a problem, especially in a largely unvaccinated population.

Which is why the inevitable decision not to open indoor pubs and restaurants on July 5th will be a sensible one.

Here’s what Glas actually said about travel from the UK:

Of course it’s easier to misquote or misrepresent what someone said and argue with that instead when you’re not really interested in actually discussing in good faith.

I didn’t misquote or misrepresent you at all.

In fact I noted you pivoted to admitting your previous position was wrong and that you now have come around to agreeing that I was correct about travel being a massive factor in spread.

Fulvio levels of lying and claiming victory. It’s really odd stuff from you mate.

I am in favour of transparent, reasonable and effective measures. I’m not in favour of bullshit measures introduced in bad faith to satisfy an agitated and irrational public mood (MHQ).

I am in favour of working to facilitate travel, and life, safely rather than shutting it down.

2 Likes

There’s indoor dining and drinks in hotels last few weeks.

The bodies will be piling up soon.