Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

So?

Well I think itā€™s interesting that you argue both for discrimination and against discrimination.

Iā€™d say there must be very few positions on any aspect of this pandemic that you havenā€™t simultaneously argued for and against.

Ah ageism at its finest. The alright Jack over 50s will be fucking delighted with their homes that have doubled in value in the last 15 years. Wine o clock

OK then, keep everything shut until everybody has been vaccinated so we donā€™t have to discriminate?

Is that the position now?

But I didnā€™t. This is yet another thing that youā€™ve made up that Iā€™ve said.

Itā€™s getting ridiculous at this stage.

But again, I havenā€™t made anything up. Youā€™re just uncomfortable at being pulled up on the hypocrisy of your competing positions.

This i think

Thought the vaccine would be more effective that that.

The hospitalisation rate for non vaccinated is probably only a fraction a percent anyway? No.

Itā€™s hugely effective based off those numbers. It effectively means no risk

The anti-vaxx Japanese soldier is still fighting.

1200 hospitalisations in 900k is roughly about 1 in 900 needing hospitalisation.

Sure would that not have been close to the pre vaccinated figures needing hospitalisation anyway?

I can see the upside to vaccinating the population over 50 but generally Covid has not really been much of a threat to the general young and healthy population

It will be fairly laughable if they delay hospitality for 2/3 weeks to allow further vaccinations, and then have the main vaccination hub for the midwest shut for 3 days in July to allow horse racing.

18 Likes

Not to mention that the vaccine rollout is stated to fall off by around 30% in the next few weeks.

1 Like

Iā€™d imagine that projection is based on not being able to use AZ and J&J.
If the NIAC advise changes you wonā€™t see those falls.

1 Like

Correct.

Really missing an opportunity here. Whip and chip day at the race course

1 Like

But they should have a big buffer of Moderna and Pfizer vaccines to allow for 300k to met weekly on Pfizer and Moderna alone.

I think the supply line for July for Pfizer and Moderna is around 250k per week? They only need a buffer of 300k or so to back that up and be hitting 300k per week.

Horse racing has lobbied the government and will be having 5k on course while the cowardly gaa are happy with their two hundred in attendance.

4 Likes

Horse racing should have been a no brainer, close off the inside bars and thatā€™s it. The majority of the venues are huge.
Itā€™s just a measure of how pathetic the Government response has been to try anything.

2 Likes

I think Dublin City Marathon cant even commit to holding the race in October as of now. What % of population would be completely vaccinated by then?

1 Like