Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Those cunts are mad to scapegoat. Wouldnt be looking to them as an example on how to do something these days.

I don’t think the government will do that. The backlash would be furious and it would be impossible to manage.

I just think you need to do a little bit more Horsey auld pal.

1 Like

That way Paddy will console himself that’s he’s getting one over the establishment as he faces another year in lockdown

1 Like

The National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) modelling, described by Government sources as “grim” and “sobering”, came as the Cabinet Sub-Committee on Covid-19 met late last night to consider its recommendations and potential delays to reopening of indoor pubs and restaurants.

The worst-case scenario would potentially see almost 700,000 cases of the virus over July, August and September, with as many as 2,170 deaths as the Delta variant becomes dominant. The most optimistic projection would see 81,000 cases and 165 deaths.

There is an expectation that Nphet will seek a delay of several weeks in reopening indoor hospitality.

The Irish Times understands the modelling estimates almost 13,000 hospital admissions over the three months, and more than 1,600 people in intensive care units (ICU) should the most pessimistic scenario play out. One source said this would see hospitals “overrun”.

The most benign scenario would see just over 1,500 admissions and 195 people in ICUs.

81000 cases over the 3 months is an average of 880 a day…

700k cases would be an average of 7608 cases a day :smiley:

1 Like

If they really believed their own pessimistic modelling was correct - they’d surely be recommending a full lockdown.

4 Likes

7608 would be the same as 57000 cases here. The maximum number of daily cases here was 35000 in March. And that was before almost anyone was vaccinated.

Not having pubs will be very “sobering”.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

How can government take this shite seriously?

2 Likes

Ah lads

These lads are hilarious. Hanging on to the bitter end

If it gives them a figleaf to hide behind and avoid making a decision, why not? The media aren’t criticising them, the opposition are supportive. As MacDonkey said, there needs to be a discussion about the balance of risk but no one is prepared to have it. No one is in a position to have it because any view contrary to lockdown has been treated as extreme.

3 Likes

700,000 cases in July, August and September.

Absolute horse shit.

3 Likes

700,000 divided by 90 days is 7777 cases a day.

These lads are delusional to believe their models

An average of 7777 cases over the course of 90 days is very unlikely. Certainly a chance we could hit the 7777 cases or over for quite a while though if we allowed pubs to open. Panic would inevitably set in then and cases would come down again.

Scotland more than doubled their case numbers in three days last week, they went from the low 1000s to almost 3,000.

Anyone have examples of how accurate their previous models were?

1 Like

Basically NPHET doesn’t want hospitality to open ever. Thats the only logical solution you could take from tonight.

8 Likes

Chesty my friend, I will accept the risk of an increase in cases bit with a majority of the population vaccinated at this stage, some protection and some restrictions in place in indoor settings we will come no where near that level of cases. You have to admit that nphet have lost the plot. This will do more damage to the arguement for locking down as people will see these figures as madness, plucked out their holes for fear. You make a good argument yourself for lidtf, I disagree with it bit you make decent points. But this is batshit.

3 Likes

Even the likes of @Cheasty and Sam Mc are coming to their senses regarding NPHET.

1 Like