Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

I’ve largely put the pandemic out of my mind of the last 6 months, just off the phone with the GP regarding the little one and what I presumed was hayfever, nasal congestion, sneezing, itchy eyes… she’s being sent for a covid test. Apparently East Cork/West Waterford has a very high rate among children and the fucking thing is presenting with new symptoms

Leo needs to strong arm chump and OIUTF.

Ah here, that’s madness. Hopefully your little one will be okay and it’s only hay-fever.

Govt should push back and say until nphets predictions have been independently validated they will proceed as planned

Not going to happen though

1 Like

Is McWilliams generally anti NPHET or is this his first jab at them?

2 Likes

Call an election, you cunts.

4 Likes

5/2 for a 2021 election when I looked this morning.

1 Like

Ministers have agreed to act on a “bleak” and “sobering” warning from the National Public Health Emergency Team (Nphet) who have effectively said a fourth wave is on the way.

There was deep annoyance within Cabinet as to how Nphet landed this problem on Government late last night.

“People were wildly pissed off,” one source said.

As a result, Taoiseach will announce “a plan to announce a plan” on July 19 as to how entry to pubs and restaurants could occur, subject to the Attorney General approving a scheme.

There will be an enforcement element, despite reservations from the Department of Justice as to how it could be implemented.

As a result, there is still no clarity when indoor dining will begin even for vaccinated people.

Ministers have been told that any move to make indoor hospitality the preserve of fully vaccinated people could be done on an advisory basis, but ministers have bristled at this idea over concerns about how this would be enforced, as well as the question of whether staff would have to be vaccinated.

In what was described as a “depressing” Cabinet meeting, there was recrimination toward Nphet, Public Expenditure Michael McGrath said: “A grenade was lobbed upon our desks.”
Ministers have described the modelling presented by Nphet as “very worrying” while some said they remain sceptical about the accuracy.

“Nphet threw the kitchen sink at us, and while they warned about schools, there is no chance of schools not going back,” said one source.

I’m not being smart but ye don’t have a digital vaccination cert yet? It’s all linked up to your ID number here.

Hes been hinting at OIUTF since early this year, without declaring it (career suicide at that time)

Only the fully vaccinated (over 60s in the main) can go inside. Where they’ll be served by 18 year olds.

You couldn’t make it up.

2 Likes

Honest question, who would you vote for and who did you vote for last time?

Unbelievable. NPHET are absolute cunts.

4 Likes

I’ve not seen a worse model since my Airfix spitfire

A plan for a plan in two weeks. Can Martin not make a fucking decision? Absolutely incapable of making a call on his own

8 Likes

Cowen is the the most useless, inept Taoiseach we’ve ever had but Martin is the most gutless and cowardly.

Incapable of making a decision. Zero backbone. Obfuscate, delay, defer, discuss - anything but make a hard decision.

Too cowardly to tell NPHET to fuck off with their shameless scaremongering.

8 Likes

I’m not sure I can even watch the news today, it’s just a shitshow at this stage.

Meehawl is giving a state of the union address shortly. A nation holds its breath.

That’s fucking madness. How have cabinet had the chance to decide anything? Cabinet get about 5 or 6 hours?

Christ, you’d be saying Ewan is a crackpot at times, but that’s exactly what he said would happen.